Main Menu

Originally posted by Caldor1999

Started by Chris, January 19, 2005, 08:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

I remember when I was small, in the early 1990s, a lot of the price tags had a red logo and I thought the whole store was based on red. Is this true? The same square with the AMES letters, but red! Then in the mid-90s when they remodeled, it was green.

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

Maybe, If you look at some former Ames pictures on this site one Ames's walls are covered with red A's connected by lines

I'll get a picture

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
AmesmanBBTB

Maybe, If you look at some former Ames pictures on this site one Ames's walls are covered with red A's connected by lines

I'll get a picture

this is what I meant

actually they're white A's not red

C. Fontaine

Yes, Ames did revamp the logo with the last known green style.  I like the green much better.

Zayre88

The red logo was kept on many stores but most were replaced with the white-green logo.  

The red was a nice fit on white background

Chris

What about their price tags and bags?

amesman

I actually liked the red logo myself..heh :)

Anonymous

Here is an old Ames logo on eBay:   Oval red with white letters...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=477&item=6506929712&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

As for price tags & bags, i have no idea. :bounce:

tokensafari

If you look closely at the picture of that ebay auction, that logo is similar to Hills' logo, except Hills was in cursive. Weird...

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

Thats because Ames aquired the Hills chain

Man if Ames was still around I think the updated present day logo would be green and red incorporating both past and present

who's with me?

Anonymous

Here is the same logo but not in red...

Anonymous

Quote:
Originally posted by Zayre88
Quote:
Originally posted by tokensafari
If you look closely at the picture of that ebay auction, that logo is similar to Hills' logo, except Hills was in cursive. Weird...

Here is the same logo but not in red...

interesting they used to be called a "discount department store"

why did they drop the "discount" part

Anonymous

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
What about their price tags and bags?

AmesmanBBTB

:info::info::info::bounce::bouncing::tumble:I've come across an Ames price tag a few days ago and instead of having white letters on green it was the red letters on a white backgound

I don't know about their bags but its a big possiblity that their bags had the red logo on it too.:cool:
   Get IP

Anonymous

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I can think of a reason why Ames changed their colors

other retailers such as Caldor,Bradlees,and Kmart had their logos also in red

so to stick out they changed their logo color to green

Which is a BRILLIANT idea!

BTW some stores have a Ames sign with the letters colored in green..

was that a different variation in changing to green or was it an earlier logo when they first changed to the color green?:question::question::question: need:info:

AmesmamBBTB

example of above

this is from Sturbridge,Mass

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

This definately looks like an older Ames sign BUT ITS IN WHITE!:o:holysh:

did Ames have a period of a White colored logo BEFORE they went to green background?

need:info:

Anonymous

heh theres a brids nest in the e and i thing i see a bees nest to my former caldor had that problem to the brids would always bulid there nest in the o heh

Anonymous

:)hi barry here in toledo. was an employee at #416 in baltimore@89-90. my store was new with red letters and no background. other two stores in baltimore had white letters. they were murphymarts . anyway when did they go green. i have a pic of myself in a red vest. when i get posted on comp. ill send and i have have a planogram from 1990 sp.gds sleeping bag set.

Anonymous

They should have made the logo lavender because all of you are a bunch of fags.

THATS AN INSULT!

WHO ARE YOU?

AT LEAST I ID MYSELF!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

heres my theory of the store colors

1.white logo with red background  1950's-1980's
2.red letters  1980's-early 1990's
3.white letters green background early  1990's-present

in chronological order

Rayco7030

THATS AN INSULT!

WHO ARE YOU?

AT LEAST I ID MYSELF!

HERES THE ID I'm trying to show

:huh:
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

amesman

Caldor1999

were there ever any diffrent Ames logos like Caldor had the Rainbow and the tear drop or Kmart had the Big Kwith the white mart ect?
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
were there ever any diffrent Ames logos like Caldor had the Rainbow and the tear drop or Kmart had the Big Kwith the white mart ect?

Here's a vintage Ames logo...

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

o coo logo although that logo makes Ames Look like a baby store beacuse of the blocks  anyways did Ames ever use thoughs logos on there stores???????????????????
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

o coo logo although that logo makes Ames Look like a baby store beacuse of the blocks  anyways did Ames ever use thoughs logos on there stores???????????????????

Yeah it reminds me of those cool letter blocks I had as a kid

a GREAT TV SPOT showing this logo would go like this

little toddler

" my mamma shops at ames for savins an' da letters on da storr alwayz spells like dis "A" "M" "E" "S" well anywayz to mee
it looks like a baby kinda storr but she sez its a depatmint storr
anywayz  itsa good storr I get awwl my toywz dere!"

he he he  LOOOOOOOLLLLL:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

(MISPELLING INTENTIONAL TO REFLECT A YOUNG TODDLERS ACCENT!)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

THATS AN INSULT!

WHO ARE YOU?

AT LEAST I ID MYSELF!

HEH HEH must be a WALMART LOVER!

LOL:insane::P

we'll never know

Caldor1999

who the @#$& POSTED THAT LOL GUESS HE'S TO CHEEP SO HE GO'S TO WAL MART:insane: when will this person get a life and stop bugging us lets lock this person up in a OLd Ames store and leave him there whos with me on this one lol
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Hey maybe we are all a bunch of F.A.G.S. !

I mean we all are Fascinated Analysts of Great Stores aren't we ?

lol:insane:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Hey maybe we are all a bunch of F.A.G.S. !

I mean we all are Fascinated Analysts of Great Stores aren't we ?

i hate Anonymous:insane:
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Ames's next color logo whos with me?:yup: