Smokey Bones

Started by BillyGr, March 29, 2006, 09:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

This is another member of the Darden family (along with Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze).  This location is on Central Avenue in Colonie, and was previously a Red Lobster before that moved to a newer (and larger) location on Wolf Road.

This is the only one in upstate NY - the next nearest are in Manchester CT (to be opened soon), on Long Island and Scranton PA.

Zayre88

I really liked Smokey Bones.  I first visited it in Portsmouth not long after the location opened.  The food is good and the theme is nice.

d_fife

here is the smokey bones in bangor maine (Surprisingly there is not one in portland yet)

d_fife

the one in manchester ct near best  buy, circuit city, wal-mart and the mall. man this place has almost every franchise in existance

d_fife

the one in  erie pa in millcreek pavilion around the millcreek mall.

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

Evansville Indiana, former Cooker restaurant

HoJofan206

Across the expressway from Smokey Bones In Evv Indiana

Zayre88

Breaking News!!!
Saturday, May 5, 2007

Darden Restaurants, Inc. today announced the closure of 56 Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill and two Rocky River Grillhouse restaurants. Darden will offer the remaining 73 Smokey Bones restaurants for sale – all located in the eastern half of the United States.

The action comes as part of an overall effort by the company to better position Darden for future growth. Smokey Bones has lagged the performance of Darden's other brands as the barbecue concept's core guests chose to dine at Smokey Bones with less frequency.

http://www.darden.com/rest_smokey_bones_close_release.asp

Concord, Newington NH and Bangor ME closing!

HoJofan206

So are the remaining 73 locations still open for business?  Our store in Evansville (picutured in a previous post) was one of the locations that was shut down. :no:

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
So are the remaining 73 locations still open for business?  Our store in Evansville (picutured in a previous post) was one of the locations that was shut down. :no:

I think they are still open but up  for sale.  I wonder who could buy "these bones" knowing that Darden struggles with that concept.

Darden operates  Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Smokey Bones.  In Newington NH , the restaurans was located just aside a Uno Grill that closed in january after only 1 year in business.

C. Fontaine

The Smokey Bones here in Providence had no notice of closing.  Corp called a day after they hired 10 new employees and told them that men would be coming to remove any Smokey Bones material.  Within 24 hours it was gone.  Strange because being in the Providence Place mall and positioned on the sidewalk with an Uno's and Fire + Ice, they seemed to make a killing all year round.  The mall already has 15 bids for the space!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
The Smokey Bones here in Providence had no notice of closing.  Corp called a day after they hired 10 new employees and told them that men would be coming to remove any Smokey Bones material.  Within 24 hours it was gone.  Strange because being in the Providence Place mall and positioned on the sidewalk with an Uno's and Fire + Ice, they seemed to make a killing all year round.  The mall already has 15 bids for the space!

I FIND IT STRANGE TOO|!!!!! I AM IT IS SUCH A POPULAR MALL. I MEAN IT WOULD GET A LOT OF BUSINESS. MAYBE THE LEASE WAS TOO HIGH. BUT IT WAS IN A GOOD SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zayre88

Zayre88

Smokey Bones introduced a new logo and a new name:
Smokey Bones Barbecue & Grill is now Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Smokey Bones introduced a new logo and a new name:
Smokey Bones Barbecue & Grill is now Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

You know, usually I am all nostalgic and change-resistant when it comes to things like logos, but I really like that new Smokey Bones logo. Very cool.

Not like there's one up here anymore, but I can still appreciate it! :bigsmile: