Super Duper matches

Started by StarSage, March 23, 2006, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarSage

I'm not sure if this was a chain or not. The store that was nearest to me was located in Bath, New York. This store was originally called Bonady's and later changed it's name to Super-Duper. Today the Bath location is a Save-A-Lot.

I remember thinking that the store seemed pretty large for its day. They had a huge frozen foods section. I'll never forget the comical baker character that was positioned near the entrance. He was taking something out of the oven on one of those long-handled boards.

shakethis1234

i remember super duper there was one in mexico ny savana ny one in fulton ny

mikey1972

QuoteOriginally posted by StarSage
I'm not sure if this was a chain or not. The store that was nearest to me was located in Bath, New York. This store was originally called Bonady's and later changed it's name to Super-Duper. Today the Bath location is a Save-A-Lot.

I remember thinking that the store seemed pretty large for its day. They had a huge frozen foods section. I'll never forget the comical baker character that was positioned near the entrance. He was taking something out of the oven on one of those long-handled boards.

We had a Super Duper in my hometown of Ogdensburg, NY.  It was originally an Acme, then a Chicago Markets.  The Super Duper opened in 1983 after CM closed and then the store was renovated in 1992, reopening as "Jubilee Foods/IGA."  All stores in my area were franchises and locally-owned.  There were Super Dupers in Canton, Potsdam, Massena, Ogdensburg, Watertown, Malone and Carthage.  The Ogdensburg store closed in 1996 and is still vacant.  Canton is a hardware store, Potsdam an IGA, Massena a movieplex, Watertown a Big M, Malone is vacant and Carthage is a VA clinic.

mikey7290

Here is a book of matches that has the Super Duper logo on them.  I tried to take a picture with my digital camera, but it was blurry, so I just scanned the book of matches onto my computer.