Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
See. The Woolco near me in The Village Mall was turned into a Bradlees as well in 1985. This is a different one though.

the Village mall in New Jersy that Woolco Became a Caldor

hears a picture to prove it as of 2003 the logo has since been takeing off

No No No. The Village Mall in Horsham Pennsylvania. Different mini mall.

I think the one in New Jersey might have been built by the same builder though as both centers looked to have been designed the same. (It is ironic that the Wal-Mart that replaced the Horsham Bradlees actually brought the plaza back to life)

When they did that construction, it really made my blood boil! I am still very angry with what they did, turning it into a shopping center. I remember when they built the mall in 1971. I worked at the Fayva Shoes that used to be in it that was shut down in 1994. The Thrift Drug too.

It's funny because when the Wal-Mart opened, they built it with doors going into the mall with a cash register and everything, and then a few months later, they sealed it up..but they still left one of the Wal-Mart TV'S facing the "wall":insane:

Caldor1999

hears how that Caldor Looked in 2003 dose anyone know the statius of this Caldor is i still there dose anyone know????
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

hears how that Caldor Looked in 2003 dose anyone know the statius of this Caldor is i still there dose anyone know????

Didn't they knock it down?:huh:

Caldor1999

Didn't they knock it down?:huh:

i hope not do u know the Village Mall IN New Jersy it had  a Caldor (Acme super Market) and Furnter Express Druge Emporiom and a Mall Entrice do uuu have any inmfo on this mall as of 2003 it was still there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Bradlees closing was not as sad as Ames and Caldor levinge the retile world

Business Editors

BRAINTREE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 26, 2000

Bradlees, Inc.(NASDAQ:BRAD) today announced it has filed for protection pursuant to Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy code in order to conduct an orderly wind-down of its business and sale of its assets. Bradlees and its Board of Directors had explored a number of options, including strategic consolidation, before determining that an orderly wind-down of operations offered the best alternative to maximizing the value of the Company.

Pending bankruptcy court approval, the Company has reached an agreement to sell its inventory to a consortium led by Gordon Brothers Retail Partners LLC, based in Boston, Massachusetts. The Company expects to retain store associates through this process. The Company is also considering options with respect to the sale of its leasehold interests.

The Company will begin a phase-out of its headquarters and distribution functions beginning this week. The bankruptcy court granted a request to permit a payment of partial severance to employees.

In its petition, the Company cited a general economic downturn, including rising interest rates and higher gas and heating oil prices, as factors which have reduced the disposable income available to Bradlees' core customers. In addition, the filing stated that new competition, unseasonable weather in the first half of 2000, and more recently, the tightening of trade credit and curtailment of inventory shipments had an adverse affect on the Company's ability to continue to operate.

Bradlees operates 105 stores and three distribution centers in seven Northeast states with sales of $1.5 billion in 1999. Bradlees offers an assortment of merchandise focused on basic and casual apparel, basic and fashion items for the home, and commodity and convenience products. The Company employs approximately 9,800 employees.

Safe Harbor Statement: This press release may contain forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any such statements are subject to important factors which could cause the Company's actual results to differ from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements. These factors are referenced in the Company's latest Form 10K and in other SEC filings.
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

Bradlees closing was not as sad as Ames and Caldor levinge the retile world

Business Editors

BRAINTREE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 26, 2000

Bradlees, Inc.(NASDAQ:BRAD) today announced it has filed for protection pursuant to Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy code in order to conduct an orderly wind-down of its business and sale of its assets. Bradlees and its Board of Directors had explored a number of options, including strategic consolidation, before determining that an orderly wind-down of operations offered the best alternative to maximizing the value of the Company.

Pending bankruptcy court approval, the Company has reached an agreement to sell its inventory to a consortium led by Gordon Brothers Retail Partners LLC, based in Boston, Massachusetts. The Company expects to retain store associates through this process. The Company is also considering options with respect to the sale of its leasehold interests.

The Company will begin a phase-out of its headquarters and distribution functions beginning this week. The bankruptcy court granted a request to permit a payment of partial severance to employees.

In its petition, the Company cited a general economic downturn, including rising interest rates and higher gas and heating oil prices, as factors which have reduced the disposable income available to Bradlees' core customers. In addition, the filing stated that new competition, unseasonable weather in the first half of 2000, and more recently, the tightening of trade credit and curtailment of inventory shipments had an adverse affect on the Company's ability to continue to operate.

Bradlees operates 105 stores and three distribution centers in seven Northeast states with sales of $1.5 billion in 1999. Bradlees offers an assortment of merchandise focused on basic and casual apparel, basic and fashion items for the home, and commodity and convenience products. The Company employs approximately 9,800 employees.

Safe Harbor Statement: This press release may contain forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any such statements are subject to important factors which could cause the Company's actual results to differ from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements. These factors are referenced in the Company's latest Form 10K and in other SEC filings.

This was no surprise, around veternans Day in November 2000, when my mom and I went to the one in Manchester NH. It was lackluster and my mom said I don't think Bradlees will be around much longer. And 6 weeks after she said that it was true. I told my dad that and he said you go there you do not see anyone. They first filed for BANKRUPTCY 10 years ago from this time.

Bradlees is now long gone, and it closed when I was a senior in high school.

storehistoryguy

I remember Bradlees filing for chapter 11 just before christmas because there was this huge thing with there gift cards and they wouldn't be excepted.

Caldor1999

I remember Bradlees filing for chapter 11 just before christmas because there was this huge thing with there gift cards and they wouldn't be excepted.

yep i remember that well balm bradlees for filing fopr CH11 they should have dont it in JAN 2001 then there wouldent be that problem Caldor Ames and Service Merchandise did it beofre or after chrismas
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

im also gonna be honist dont miss Bradlees that much the ones i use to go to was horrble and i nevre had a good exprices there to me it was a Copy Catt of Caldor thatjust dident play off well there stores were outdated and unkeeped too and they closed a huge protion of there stores in 1996 many of witch were near were i live
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

I miss Bradlees because it was an option if you wanted to shop elsewhere than Wal-Mart.  There was only one Caldor in ME/NH/VT so Bradlees was one of my favorites.

Most towns had Ames, Bradlees, Rich's and Kmart, now, everyone has a Wal-Mart so you get the same merchandise in the same kind of store at the same price everywhere...

Bradlees was a different shopping experience

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I miss Bradlees because it was an option if you wanted to shop elsewhere than Wal-Mart.  There was only one Caldor in ME/NH/VT so Bradlees was one of my favorites.

Most towns had Ames, Bradlees, Rich's and Kmart, now, everyone has a Wal-Mart so you get the same merchandise in the same kind of store at the same price everywhere...

Bradlees was a different shopping experience

see i had a bad exprice with them. Caldor and Ames were more in my aira then Bradlees was and the Bradlees i had were unkeeped and they had Bad Service the one in Yonkers was pritty bad to that Bradlees is now a Macys.

So i grew up with Caldor more i proble feel the same way u feel about Bradlees but only with Caldor lol but i have meny meorys with that store i bought my super nentendo there they had  nice clouths lol i usaly dont were clouths from discount stotres i uslay go to the mall to do that but Caldor had nice stuff and the Toys are what i liked they had a Great Toy Dept also i got lost there one time to heh:D

Now we to have wal mart but were ii live therer is more Targets then Wal Marts and NO SUper centers near me to:bounce:
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

MY nearest bradlees was in concord NH. There was onyl one Bradlees in maine i went to: westbrook and the ones that closedi n maine were in Lewiston, Windham and Topsham.

the bradlees at the bottom was in Somerville mass. it is now Target. the store is either 92,000 or 124,000 square feet. it opened 1963.

d_fife

this bradlees was in the cresent plaza in Brockton MAss, it is now hoem depot. there was another in WEstgate, it is now filene's

d_fife

this bradlees was in Fall River mass. It is now wal-mart.

d_fife

this one ws in Dedham mass in the dedham mall.

d_fife

this bradlees was in Field's corner mass (a part of Dorchester of Boston)

This Bradlees was listen in the brouchere as one of the stores that certain produts were not available in. This bradlees was said to be 50,000 square feet, or of fllor space. the one in dennisport was 37,000 square fet and is now a ocean state (i saw it as ocean stae) and it looked like it was built in 64.

d_fife

this one was in milford Connecticut

d_fife

this bradlees was in new milford CT it is now wal-mart.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this bradlees was in the cresent plaza in Brockton MAss, it is now hoem depot. there was another in WEstgate, it is now filene's

lol that is one big bradlees
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hey d_fife these are great Bradlees pictures were do u get them cause i can nevre find any this good do u also have any Caldor Montgomery Ward or Service Merchandise pics like this??????????????????
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

this was the Bradlees in Danbury Ct. IT is now a Wal-mart and was said to be 105,000 square feet.

d_fife

this one was in WEst Springfield mass and is now kohl's. it opened 1987 and is 88000 square feet and was originalyl in the century shopping center that is a few miles away.

d_fife

this bradlees was one of the last stores to open. IT was formerly Caldor. Bradlees replaced it in Spring 2000 and it closed in early 2001 with the rest of the chain. This Bradlees was in Staten Island New york.

Zayre88

this one was in WEst Springfield mass and is now kohl's.

That store reminds me of the one posted by amesman: Middletown, New York on page 1 of the thread.

Caldor1999

That store reminds me of the one posted by amesman: Middletown, New York on page 1 of the thread.

that Bradlees is now gone too sadley but theres Still a Caldor in Middle Town thoug
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

did bradlees ever have a look to there stores

like example Caldor had many stores that looked the same

so did ames

and even Jamesway did to but i have nevre seen a bradlees that has looked the same
Caldor Forever!

AmesNewington

Does anyone have any pics or memory of Bradlees in Newington, CT. It was a Two Guys and now is a Wal-Mart.

storehistoryguy

Does anyone remember the Montgomeryville Pa. Bradlees that closed in the early ninties? They knocked it down along the rest of the Five Points Shopping Center it was in for a Lowe's. I am so sick of Lowe's!!!:flaming: Five Points was an old shopping center built in the 70's. It had a Bradlees, a Weis a Thrift Drug, a House Of Bagains, a Job Lot and many more. Most of the stores layed abandon since the shopping center went down in the late ninties.

store215

Does anyone remember the Montgomeryville Pa. Bradlees that closed in the early ninties? They knocked it down along the rest of the Five Points Shopping Center it was in for a Lowe's. I am so sick of Lowe's!!!:flaming: Five Points was an old shopping center built in the 70's. It had a Bradlees, a Weis a Thrift Drug, a House Of Bagains, a Job Lot and many more. Most of the stores layed abandon since the shopping center went down in the late ninties.

Yeah, I know where that shopping center is (was I guess). It is in a horrible location (almost impossible to enter because of traffic) and I wonder how well the Lowe's does in there. I remember driving past because I was in the area and needed something. The Weis was closed, andjust about everything else was as well, but you could see what each store was from the little signs under the overhang.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

Yeah, I know where that shopping center is (was I guess). It is in a horrible location (almost impossible to enter because of traffic) and I wonder how well the Lowe's does in there. I remember driving past because I was in the area and needed something. The Weis was closed, andjust about everything else was as well, but you could see what each store was from the little signs under the overhang.

That was one fantastic Weis, I tell you what! It was exacly the same it was when it opened in the 70's as when it closed in 2003. You could get a bagel from the bakery for twenty-five cents! That was my favorite Weis of them all. R.I.P.