Servistar

Started by jmcnamara96, August 15, 2009, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcnamara96

DISCUSS! in pelham nh there use to be one then converved to true value in 1995?And my bodys dad works there and says somtimes some walks up with somthing with a servistar price tag on it

shore72

Can you tell I don't visit here often? If I have my facts straight, Servistar started out as American Hardware. The new name must have come along in the late 70s or early 80s. They merged with True Value and switched over all the names. True Value is sort of a co-op, owned by all the independent stores.

One of the oldest ones around home closed this year. They still had some American Hardware signage, and merchandise.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

QuoteOriginally posted by shore72
Can you tell I don't visit here often? If I have my facts straight, Servistar started out as American Hardware. The new name must have come along in the late 70s or early 80s. They merged with True Value and switched over all the names. True Value is sort of a co-op, owned by all the independent stores.

One of the oldest ones around home closed this year. They still had some American Hardware signage, and merchandise.

True Value merged with Servistar and Coast to Coast Hardware.

Pikapower

Here's an example of a ServiStar sign

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Retail_247

Retail_247

TheFugitive

As Retail Fan+ said ServiStar and Coast-to-Coast merged with True Value around twenty years ago.
ServiStar was based in Butler, Pennsylvania about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.  Interestingly I found a hardware store in the Pittsburgh suburb of Bellevue that still goes by the name Bellevue ServiStar Hardware. 

Coast-to-Coast is of course enshrined in celluloid history as John Belushi climbs past their sign at the end of Animal House.

Retail_247

Here's a bunch of miscellaneous ServiStar photos that I've found on Google

None of these photos are mine

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Retail_247

Retail_247

Here's some more photos

(Again none of these are mine)

You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.
The ServiStar logo was seen in the book "Logobook" by Ludovic Houplain
Retail_247

Retail_247

Even more photos (not mine)

These 2 stores were in South Africa (from an archive of ServiStar's South African website)
Here's a photo of the headquarters sign, which still shows the original name of the company
Retail_247

Retail_247

Quote from: Retail_247 on September 04, 2022, 06:17:09 PMThere's still a few ServiStar signs hanging around:

https://retail247.blogspot.com/2022/09/whats-left-of-servistar.html

It's also worth mentioning that I still update this post every once and a while as I'm still finding locatons that use the original ServiStar signage
Retail_247

Retail_247

Here's a photo I found on Worth Point (an Ebay archive website), apparently it was used by True Value...?

Does anybody know the context for this? Did employees have to wear this pin during the ServiStar-to-True Value transition?
Retail_247