Main Menu

Ames

Started by amesman, January 05, 2005, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRJ22487

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
QuoteOriginally posted by TRJ22487
That Groveton store....are you SURE it is still vacant?
That is about a 3 hour drive one way from where I live

It's actually in Northumberland. It became an Ocean State Job Lot. Here's the Loopnet profile: http://www.loopnet.com/property/15064175/583-Lancaster-Road/

Nice. I knew there was no way that could still be vacant like that

videogamer75

Woops! I never saw anything that said it became an OSJL, so I didn't know that. Sorry for jumping to conclusions, all the pics of it I saw showed it as vacant, and I couldn't find anything about a new tenant.

patk

is there any one in or nere or going to Timonium md :huh:
plz look at the ames there. i think i saw some work being done on it :hurt:

patk

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
the Woodbridge, VA ames as of 10/17!

i think we all know wats under that tarp :)
i got bad news the store is closeing 4ver  idk wen i have no pics :flaming:

jmcnamara96

So what happened to Caldor1999s in Carmel NY?

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
So what happened to Caldor1999s in Carmel NY?

its a hannaford now has been for about 2 years now i just havnt takeing any new pics of it yet
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

AmesNewington

I was heading towards the shoreline in CT this week with my family on Route 2 and noticed that the Ames sign on the East Hartford, CT store was completely removed (even the green background). Every year I look towards the Shaw's plaza to see the sign. It stayed for quite some time though. This particular Ames sign was supposedly used on the Ames website. It's sad.

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
That Groveton store....are you SURE it is still vacant?
That is about a 3 hour drive one way from where I live

It's actually in Northumberland. It became an Ocean State Job Lot. Here's the Loopnet profile: http://www.loopnet.com/property/15064175/583-Lancaster-Road/

Nice. I knew there was no way that could still be vacant like that

This is the correct shopping center, however this picture is of the closed grocery store. Ames set on the right hand side of the plaza and sadly now is a converted Ocean State Job Lots.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
I was heading towards the shoreline in CT this week with my family on Route 2 and noticed that the Ames sign on the East Hartford, CT store was completely removed (even the green background). Every year I look towards the Shaw's plaza to see the sign. It stayed for quite some time though. This particular Ames sign was supposedly used on the Ames website. It's sad.

Yep. It's been gone now for a good number of months. Here's the update from Feb. 2009: http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1032&page=1#pid43513
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
old ames in Brodheadsville pa

That store is also a former Jamesway.

TRJ22487

August 23rd, 2009 (taken with 'retro' filter)
Seabrook, New Hampshire
Final vacant store in NH

jmcnamara96

on the site it has james nametags and my friend mark printed 10 sticker one with my name joe it said it pays tp shop at ames

webcookie

These are my Ames shopping carts. There is at least one more floating around town that I have yet to snatch. I have a station wagon and shopping carts fit perfectly in the back. I'm waiting for a Bradlees or Caldor shopping cart to show up, but if it hasn't yet, I doubt it will. Awhile back, there was a Jamesway shopping cart roaming the parking lot of the Dutchess Mall, but I think it has long been snatched or destroyed.
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

amesman

Go to the Salvation Army in Oneonta, NY. There's a Bradlee's cart in there :)

jmcnamara96

i saw a ames cart at the former ames on bridge in lowell being used by a market basket employees to pick up trash

NeverBeenToAnAmes

I just moved to Virginia from NY and found an Ames on Virginia Beach Blvd in Virginia Beach. Sadly, the labelscar had been covered up but I'll take a pic when I get the chance.

videogamer75

The Ames in Cape May, NJ is now a Big Lots and I think the one in Bridgeton is occupied now as well...

gu4ever

On my drive to Johnson Vermont I stopped at the Morrisville plaza that had an Ames store. The location now is home to Big Lot's and Peebles.
Big Lot's was the most like Ames as it utilized the original entry lobby and in the front left corner of the store had
the restrooms and lounge + a staircase that went to a second floor area.

nims57

I just had to post this.

Type in 1824 E. Ridge Pike, Royersford, PA 19468 into Google Maps. This is the address of a new Target. Under "at this address", it says "AMES construction"!

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
Checkout counters still set up inside the store.

Nice pictures, I  wonder why this location is still available, it's a large and somewhat modern location, compared to Seabrook for example.

And a tip gu4ever, you should post these in the "Stores" part of the Ames topic. ;)

gu4ever

Straight down the road from my house are two former Ames within 30 minutes.
Don't even have to take a single turn. I figured I shoot down real quick and snap some pictures.
I'll post the second store I went to first since it's the less remarkable of the two

^This photo is from the store locator and is dated 1999
Milford, NH *Granite Town Plaza* - All pics taken by me 1/25/2009
(Now Gold's Gym/Tractor Supply Co)
Just last year the entire plaza still had Green paint. It has since been entirely redone

^ My car! (former Grand Union?)

^ Left Entrance

^Inside the Right Entrance

The first store I visited is the better of the two
You can still consider much of it vintage

^This photo is listed in *UNKNOWN STORES* This is not Peterborough, NH - I was mistaken. It is very similar
Peterborough, NH *Peterborough Plaza* - All pictures taken by me 1/25/2009
(Now Ocean State Job Lot)
I was hoping to find Ames carts, but unfortunately all OSJL

^Left Entrance

^ Right Entrance (I'm in the reflection of the enter door)

^Service desk still has green top

I grew up in Milford, that Ames store was the store I shopped at locally. The grocery store that you pictured was built and opened as a Violette's IGA store that relocated from the plaza just west of the shopping center.

NeverBeenToAnAmes

Finally some pics of the Virginia Beach, VA location! Inside was emptier than a new grave, sadly...

Nice label scar here

jmcnamara96

Quote from: NeverBeenToAnAmes on March 28, 2010, 05:25:48 PM
Finally some pics of the Virginia Beach, VA location! Inside was emptier than a new grave, sadly...

Nice label scar here

Was this a Woolco?

NeverBeenToAnAmes

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on March 28, 2010, 08:08:07 PM
Quote from: NeverBeenToAnAmes on March 28, 2010, 05:25:48 PM

Nice label scar here

Was this a Woolco?

No idea as I've only lived in Virginia about 8 months. Next time I'm there I'll go around back and see if there's any Ames signage and whatnot.

Marc82

Might be nice if there was an area code to go along with that phone number just in-case someone from out of state wanted to lease the building.

d_fife

Quote from: Marc B on March 29, 2010, 08:15:34 AM
Might be nice if there was an area code to go along with that phone number just in-case someone from out of state wanted to lease the building.

it was a Woolco then a Hill's

jmcnamara96

Quote from: patk on October 19, 2008, 03:46:44 PM
the Woodbridge, VA ames as of 10/17!

i think we all know wats under that tarp :)

Was this Hills and was the Tan accents around the White once Green or Red? when did it open

TRJ22487

Demolished Ames/Grand Union in Claremont, NH.
There are a few pictures/info in the store locator before the plaza was demolished