Jamesway

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

Caldor99

i know so much about jamesway but they were short lived in the retial world 1961-1995

Caldor99

Thats there old logo

amesman

Here's a pic of the old Jamesway at the Dutchess Mall, in Fishkill, New York. It used to be a store called Mays, that was two floors. When Jamesway moved in, the second floor was sealed off.

Caldor99

this jamesway closed in 1993 i first saw it back in 1996 the logo was still up and evry thing if u look to your left u can see the lable scare

Caldor99

hears the inside of a jamesway

shakethis1234

I like jamesway better than walmart and Kmart.

shakethis1234

I bought my super nintendo from Jamesway and it still works today

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
QuoteOriginally posted by shakethis1234
I bought my super nintendo from Jamesway and it still works today

NOW THATS COOL!:cool::bigsmile::holysh::roll::roll::bouncing::bigsmile::bigsmile:
I got mine at Caldor for $88.00:bigsmile::bigsmile:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Here's a pic of the old Jamesway at the Dutchess Mall, in Fishkill, New York. It used to be a store called Mays, that was two floors. When Jamesway moved in, the second floor was sealed off.

cool building style:cool:

I LIKE THE WOODEN BARN STYLE AND THE BRICK OF THE MALL:bigsmile:

I LIKE BRICK TYPE MALLS:bigsmile::bigsmile::bouncing::bouncing::roll::rolleyes:

IS THE BUILDING STILL THERE?:question:
Yep that jamesway is still there it was a mays back in the 80's there gonna tear down the rest of the mall to make way for a home depot but the old jamesway bulding is not gonna be torn down the propty is still own by the may company
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

Here's a possible  roadtrip. I was in the Watkins Glen NY area in 2000. Between Watkins Glen, and the next town south of it, there was a Jamesway store there. I remember seeing the sign out front, which was covered over with blue tarp, whatever was left of the tarp anyways. The store was fairly modern compared to most other Jamesway stores I have seen. 5 years is a long time past, but then again the building still existed 5 years after the chain closed.

store215

Sounds cool! Have an address or other info?

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

The road that it would be on would be NYS Rt. 14 Between Watkins Glen and the Next town South of it, which on the map is Montour Falls. The store may have been a bit farther south than Montour Falls. I remember having to stop there at that parking lot of the Jamesway, probably to turn around.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt

The road that it would be on would be NYS Rt. 14 Between Watkins Glen and the Next town South of it, which on the map is Montour Falls. The store may have been a bit farther south than Montour Falls. I remember having to stop there at that parking lot of the Jamesway, probably to turn around.

hey i hope u find this Jamesway try to expole it well cause that Rair [pecace of retile Historey try to take some pic's from the windows of the store if u can but my guess is it's bored up and good luck if u happend to take pic's send them to me scott42188@hotmail.com
Caldor Forever!

store215

I finally transfered a Jamesway GOB Commerical to my PC! Here it is to download: (You need Windows Media Player)

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=JameswayGOB

Alt. Link: http://home.comcast.net/~compwiz32190/JameswayGOB.wmv

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt

hey i hope u find this Jamesway try to expole it well cause that Rair [pecace of retile Historey try to take some pic's from the windows of the store if u can but my guess is it's bored up and good luck if u happend to take pic's send them to me scott42188@hotmail.com

I'll have to get out that way then this Summer and get some photos. I'll do what I can for ya as far as photos. I'll check for Receiving signs in the back, the works.

I also have some photos of a Montgomery Wards shortly before it was partially torn down.

Speaking of video, I do have some TV Christmas Commercials from stores such as Zayres, Jordan Marsh, and a couple others (circa. 1986). I'll have to get them ripped at some point and post them.

NJF

I have a commercial on tape of the Mays pictured above.  Im guessing it's from the early 80's.  That building is creepy now.

Jag67

Here's an abandoned Jamesway in Lakewood, NJ. Closed since the early 1990's and still abandoned today. This place was pretty bad towards the end. From the "Lost Destinations" page

Jag67

Here's an abandoned Jamesway in Lakewood, NJ. Closed since the early 1990's and still abandoned today. This place was pretty bad towards the end. From the "Lost Destinations" site

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Here's an abandoned Jamesway in Lakewood, NJ. Closed since the early 1990's and still abandoned today. This place was pretty bad towards the end. From the "Lost Destinations" site

that store closed in 1991 when the chain closed 11 under perfoming stores
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears the Jamesway in the Dutchess Mall i just took these pictures the mall is curntley beening domilshed or something anyways hear it is this Jamesway closed in 1994 and hasent been replaced since
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears the fromer jamesway again
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears were u useto enter lol its seald off tight :insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

from th elooks of it Jamesway might have had a garden center or it might have been something Mays useto use before Jamesway moved in there
Caldor Forever!

store215

Here is some updates pics I found of the Lakewood store

http://www.surrealnewjersey.com/jamesway.htm

and a news story...it is becoming some sort of medical complex

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050418/NEWS02/504180351/1070/COMMUNITY

Caldor1999

coo i cheacked it out
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

anouther Jamesway still vacant as of 2002 in Sea Vill NJ
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Quotethat store closed in 1991 when the chain closed 11 under perfoming stores

HOLY CRAP that store's been closed since I was born!!:o

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Quotethat store closed in 1991 when the chain closed 11 under perfoming stores

HOLY CRAP that store's been closed since I was born!!:o

yyep Jmaesway closed 11 under preforming stores that yeas they also closed 23 stores again in 1994 and closed for goon in 1995 dec

at there peak in 1990 they had 134 stores that  droped in 1992 to 123 and again in 1995 with 92 storezs left
Caldor Forever!