Chipotle Mexican Grill

Started by retailisking, December 28, 2011, 03:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

One is going into half the former Blockbuster Video in Westbrook, ME across from Kohl's/Shaw's. The strip center already has Panera Bread and Ruby Tuesday. This would be the second Chipotle in the Greater Portland area; one opened in South Portland across from the Maine Mall in December 2010.

TRU7536

Quote from: retailisking on December 28, 2011, 03:43:41 AM
One is going into half the former Blockbuster Video in Westbrook, ME across from Kohl's/Shaw's. The strip center already has Panera Bread and Ruby Tuesday. This would be the second Chipotle in the Greater Portland area; one opened in South Portland across from the Maine Mall in December 2010.

These places are opening up like hot cakes. Heard its good, one is opening up in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike.

Zayre88

I've heard they were opening at the Bedford mall in Bedford NH.

AmesNewington

Quote from: TRU7536 on February 14, 2012, 06:36:18 PM

These places are opening up like hot cakes. Heard its good, one is opening up in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike.

Where on the Turnpike is it opening?

TRU7536

Quote from: AmesNewington on February 15, 2012, 07:26:17 AM
Quote from: TRU7536 on February 14, 2012, 06:36:18 PM

Where on the Turnpike is it opening?

Where Mcguires and that strip club is located, next to Toys R Us. They plan on knocking that current building down and building a new plaza with Chase bank, Chiptole, and Starbucks.

TRU7536

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingford/wallingfordnews/7093692-129/with-chipotle-on-the-way-heres-what-you-need-to.html

Chipotle and Panera Bread coming to Wallingford.

The Chipotle in Wallingford would be the restaurant’s 11th location in Connecticut, joining locations in Glastonbury, West Harford, Milford, Danbury, Enfield, Hamden, Newington, Manchester, Darien, and Fairfield.

I love them, I go to them for their burritos and Moes for their Quesadillas.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on April 04, 2015, 03:38:14 PM
http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingford/wallingfordnews/7093692-129/with-chipotle-on-the-way-heres-what-you-need-to.html

Chipotle and Panera Bread coming to Wallingford.

The Chipotle in Wallingford would be the restaurant’s 11th location in Connecticut, joining locations in Glastonbury, West Harford, Milford, Danbury, Enfield, Hamden, Newington, Manchester, Darien, and Fairfield.

I love them, I go to them for their burritos and Moes for their Quesadillas.

Yeah. The Panera they're building in Wallingford is replacing the one 3  mins up the road in Townline Sqauare in Meriden.

ynkeesfn82

Construction has begun (by way of land clearing) on the new Chipotle and Panera on Route 5 in Wallingford, CT. They are being built by Lowe's near the new Chic Fil A

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingford/wallingfordnews/7207759-129/chipotle-and-panera-submit-building-permit-application.html

Hudsons81

Chipotle will be taking over the soon-to-be-former Panera Bread at the southeast corner of West and Allen in Woodhaven, MI in early 2016. Panera is about to relocate to a new building across the street with a drive-thru.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2015/10/28/news/doc562fcdb485a9e304220394.txt

TheFugitive

Breaking news....Chipotle has closed all it's stores in the Seattle and Portland areas
after an outbreak of E Coli sickens around two dozen customers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/02/us-chipotle-ecoli-idUSKCN0SQ2CE20151102

TheFugitive

I had lunch there yesterday.  Had not eaten there in some time, mainly because the store was extremely busy, and it was difficult to place my order, eat and get back to work in time.

No such problem yesterday.  The parking lot, which is usually jammed, was half-full.
I have never before walked in there and found less than six or seven people in line ahead of me.
Yesterday I immediately walked up and placed my order.

It seems the negative publicity over people getting sick in their restaurants is really
having an effect on business.  Granted this particular store has a big construction project
going on right next to it, which might be scaring away some business.  But the effects of
the news stories appears to have been devastating.

As usual my food was tasty and I did not get sick.

giantsfan2016

A friend of mine who went to Chipotle at least once a week told me since the problems at Chipotle did not happen in Connecticut he would continue to eat there. (Of course now he no longer goes there as he's on a weight loss thing). Anyway.

An article on the Meriden-Record Journal's website confirms the Southington, CT Chipotle will hopefully open during the First Quarter of 2018. The foundation was poured today. The article was about the progress of the new development that also includes an Aldi, a Chick Fil-A, and ugh another Urgent Care Center.

giantsfan2016

If all goes well the Southington Chipotle opens on Tuesday 8/21.

Bdubs

Just announced this week, Chipotle will open another restaurant in Groton on Route 12.