Main Menu

Marshalls

Started by Caldor1999, May 04, 2005, 08:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcnamara96

Marc82

The former Bristol Marshall's remains vacant more than a year after Nick DiMaio took the original picture. This is my picture. Nice Marshall's labelscar on the building. There are a few Marshall's shopping carts inside the store. One had a piece of wood inside holding up the for rent sign that was taped to the window. Marshall's relocated to a bigger store in the Plainville Commomns where Lowes is. Marshall's takes up most of the old Levitz store. This closed Marshall's in Bristol opened in the early 1990s when they rehabbed the plaza. The plaza built in 74 is up for sale.

scottw73

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Marshalls in DANBURY, CT.

Store has been here for a long time, since the 1970s I believe. The store has a 60's/before 1973-era Bradlees label scar on its side.

Store is very musty, distressed inside...

That Marshalls was Originally Stop and Shop, before they moved up the road to their current location.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by scottw73
QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Marshalls in DANBURY, CT.

Store has been here for a long time, since the 1970s I believe. The store has a 60's/before 1973-era Bradlees label scar on its side.

Store is very musty, distressed inside...

That Marshalls was Originally Stop and Shop, before they moved up the road to their current location.

And I assume the liquor store next door was a MediMart drugstore?

scottw73

jmcnamara96

This is my new sign i took from the vacant marshalls in lounderry nh

ynkeesfn82

Grand Opening of Marshalls - New Brite Plaza New Britain (Former AJ WRIGHT) 3/17/2011.

http://www1.marshallsonline.com/tjx/grand-openings.asp

ynkeesfn82

standa

I remember that years ago there was a Finast at the Newbrite Plaza, which later became Edwards and then (Adams?).  It was the major anchor, however I am confused because I didn't think it was so big to occupy the current Ocean State Job Lot & Savers & Marshalls (from the leasing page it appears almost 80,000 sq ft).  Was the Finast really so big or was there another store occupying part of that building?  Or was the building enlarged to accommodate the current tenants?

ynkeesfn82

I remember Adams and Liquor Depot together over there. Liquor Depot relocated to the enlarged/revamped Cor-West Plaza on the corner of Corbin Ave and West Main Street. Dollar Dreams took over Liquor Depot and Adams closed. Then AJ Wright/Save-A-Lot (not Savers) took over I noticed there was an empty store to the left of Save-A-Lot - a store that sold luggage.

david121

Marshall's is quite good! I got a very nice suit I have gotten tons of complements there for $60. And it is no cheap garbage. Very nice suit. I later saw a nice shirt and matching tie for $20. I don't think it was in stock when I got the suit, but can't complain. Looks VERY nice.

standa

Marshalls will be opening in the  Westfield Meriden Mall, I think where Border's was.  I wonder if they will keep their other store at Towline Square open too.

http://www.chartweb.com/press/2128/

ynkeesfn82

I'm surprised. Does Marshall's have stores in other malls? That's also small for them. It's about the size of the one in Bristol that moved to Plainville 6 or 8 years ago. It's smaller than the one at Townline Square. Marshall's is the 2nd store to move from Townline Square to the Mall. Old Navy was the first. On the other hand Famous Footwear went from the Mall to Townline Square. Then they crossed the border into Wallingford and is now in Kohl's Plaza which is right next to Townline Square.

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on November 11, 2013, 08:13:30 PM
I'm surprised. Does Marshall's have stores in other malls?

They have had several in this area (Albany, NY) - both the former Northway Mall and former Mohawk Mall had them in the mall.  Both are still there, now that the malls have been converted to big box centers.

Additionlly - Clifton Park Center has one - this mall was partially converted to an open center, but the Marshalls there has two entrances.  One now opens to the outside, but the second still opens into the mall (food court area, actually).

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: standa on November 11, 2013, 02:07:47 PM
Marshalls will be opening in the  Westfield Meriden Mall, I think where Border's was.  I wonder if they will keep their other store at Towline Square open too.

http://www.chartweb.com/press/2128/

According to this article - http://www.myrecordjournal.com/meriden/meridennews/3117418-129/tj-maxx-coming-to-westfield-mall.html it's going to be TJ MAXX, not Marshall's opening in the former Borders.

ynkeesfn82

Marshall's and its sister store Homegoods are opening on May 1st in West Fargo, North Dakota.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/430534/

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: d_fife on July 31, 2006, 10:47:03 AM
marshalls in waterbury CT

This Marshall's is now Norm's Gym and Harbor Freight Tools.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: XISMZERO on June 29, 2008, 01:12:16 PM
Now vacant Marshalls in Bristol, CT. It's sad to see it gone -- it's been here since the 70's.

They relocated to a larger, newer store in Plainville, CT.

7 years later the old Bristol Marshall's is still vacant. It's just over 23,000 Square Feet. Although there were no takers, after Hobby Lobby opened next door quite a few prospective tenants looked at the spot. They're also marketing the space with the empty former Aaron's for a total space of around 31,000 Square Feet. A few Hobby Lobby employees commented that they wished Marshall's would re-open.

JimSawhill

I love the Marshall's in Brandon, FL.  Great store..

giantsfan2016

I went to the Marshall's store in Cheshire, CT today. Very small store. Maybe as small as the former Bristol location. Men's Dept was very tiny. Opened in 1971.

TheFugitive

I was in a Marshall's in Washington, DC, very close to the National Press Club.
Small to fit into a space on the first floor of an office building.  Despite that a
very clean and well stocked store.  Very cool location!

retailisking

TJX's brands have been a bright spot in growing bricks-and-mortar sales. But now Marshalls is embracing the internet and building an e-commerce site.
http://fortune.com/2019/02/27/marshalls-building-e-commerce-business/