Ruby Tuesday

Started by Caldor1999, May 26, 2005, 06:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

The new interior design is definitely an original concept.  I has a real American vintage look to it!

tokensafari

They had to separate themselves from Applebees, TGI Fridays, and Chilis. I mean, ruby tuesdays was almost identical to the above. You go to one and they all have just about the same type of food, interior design, etc. O'charlies was smart by not following suit. I think it is a smart move.

beachgal26

I thought that it was interesting to know that the last Ruby Tuesday restaurant with the traditional decor will be demolished on Tuesday at 3 pm EST.  

(For more details, go to the Ruby Tuesday website.)

:(

patk

i just saw an ad on tv for that !

videogamer75

^ Yeah, I just saw it a little while ago on FX.

patk

beachgal26

Hard to say if it was all a publicity stunt or not, but you see a letter of "apology" if you go to their website.

:insane: :insane:

C. Fontaine

This is definitely stirring up some publicity for them.  I doubt that building was real though, the way it went down looked pretty fake!:insane:

videogamer75

Yeah, it does look like it was all fake. Funny nonetheless. I haven't eaten at Ruby Tuesday in quite a while...I used to love their chicken strips.

dmx10101

It was all fake click here, and you can watch the demolition video again and the Behind the scenes video showing how they made it. Very Interesting.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

C3Nostalgia

This is a before and after image or the Century III Mall location that I shot. The first one was taken shortly after I had gotten the news that the RT was closed for good (which I was surprised about because it actually got great business).  Then the second one is two weeks later, They had already removed the awnings from the inside patio, the letters from the walls and doors, and they had the tables and chairs stacked in the rear of the dining room.

Marc82

Sources tell me that the Ruby Tuesdays in the AMES Plaza on Queen Street (Route 10) in Southington, Connecticut will be closing by year's end.

Marc82

The one at The Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury closed already.

beachgal26

C3Nostalgia, since I used to live near the mall, I was wondering if you can tell me what's going on ith it.  Apparently, their business is off and quite a few of the main stores have closed.  It's pretty sad since I remember when it was first built and you could not find a parking space on the weekend.

:'(   :'(   :'(

ynkeesfn82

Strange. Ruby Tuesday announced it would be shuttering 27 underperforming locations. Meanwhile they just announced that they will acquire Lime Fresh, a Miami based Mexican restaurant chain.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/10/2741271/ruby-tuesday-buys-homegrown-miami.html

retailisking

Quote from: Marc B on April 13, 2012, 08:08:55 AM
Strange. Ruby Tuesday announced it would be shuttering 27 underperforming locations. Meanwhile they just announced that they will acquire Lime Fresh, a Miami based Mexican restaurant chain.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/10/2741271/ruby-tuesday-buys-homegrown-miami.html

I'm hoping Ruby makes it. It's a step up from Applebee's and their recent move to include the garden bar with entrees will definitely encourage me to visit more often.

MikeRa

Quote from: Marc B on April 13, 2012, 08:08:55 AM

one of the locations they closed was located across the street from Neshaminy Mall, in Bensalem, PA (in a shopping center achnored by The Home depot and Target)
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

shore72

On one recent visit to RT we overheard the manager talking to the couple in the next booth. It was pretty interesting. He was explaining how corporate had determined that the market was oversaturated and underperforming stores were being converted into other restaurants that they owned. I continue to notice, in my travels, that there are many places where RT is the fanciest eatery in town. I can think of some places that could still benefit from having one, like the good-sized town we visited over the weekend. The nicest chain they had was a Ponderosa, with number two being a very tired Pizza Hut. The next closest chain restaurant was 30-45 minutes away. We ate at the "Hut", which ranked as the worst we've visited, period.

JimSawhill

Ruby Tuesday in the Brandon Mall...(Brandon, FL) is becoming a RedRobin!! Yum... :)

ynkeesfn82

Update: It seems more likely that Ruby Tuesday in Southington, CT will be closing. The brochure for Queen Plaza shows Ruby Tuesday shaded in orange and orange = future vacancy. http://rkcenters.com/property-pdfs/SOUTHINGTON.pdf

The problem with the Ruby Tuesday building is that it is too small for any of the restaurants I feel could replace it.

Too small for:

Buffalo Wild Wings
Hooters
Red Robin
Golden Corral
Olive Garden

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on September 16, 2012, 08:27:47 PM
Update: It seems more likely that Ruby Tuesday in Southington, CT will be closing. The brochure for Queen Plaza shows Ruby Tuesday shaded in orange and orange = future vacancy. http://rkcenters.com/property-pdfs/SOUTHINGTON.pdf

The problem with the Ruby Tuesday building is that it is too small for any of the restaurants I feel could replace it.

Too small for:

Buffalo Wild Wings
Hooters
Red Robin
Golden Corral
Olive Garden

out of all of those u listed, i dont see a Hooters, Red Rbin, or Olive Garden moving into Southington. Southington is a small market town, those type of places only open near big retail areas.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on December 30, 2012, 06:18:35 PM
out of all of those u listed, i dont see a Hooters, Red Rbin, or Olive Garden moving into Southington. Southington is a small market town, those type of places only open near big retail areas.

Southington was supposed to get both Olive Garden and Red Robin, but both backed out. Red Robin was supposed to go off of West Street in Target Plaza. Problem was they wanted their building facing this way ____________ and the town told them it had to face that way |. That and plus when the recession hit they stopped expanded, though Southington wasn't affected too badly buy the recession. Olive Garden was supposed to go in across the street from Price Chopper on the corner of Loper Street, but that fell through. Of those on my list only Buffalo Wild Wings is opening in Southington. They're supposed to be taking 7500 Sq. Feet of the old Bernie's in Shoprite Plaza. Nothing has been submitted to the town yet, but 2 yet to be named restaurants are also supposed to be built across the street from Shoprite next to 7-Eleven (which used to be Randy's Pizza). They plan on reusing the old Beijing Chinese restaurant building and building another restaurant building next to it. And I don't think Ruby's is going to close they're not shown in Orange on the map any more. Rumor has it Texas Roadhouse is going to be on that property. If true Outback won't be too happy about that.

TRU7536

Looks like the Buckland Hills mall location closed yesturday.

TheFugitive

Only one I've ever eaten in was the former location in Century III Mall in West Mifflin, PA.
It's been gone quite a few years now.  Was briefly replaced by a Mexican buffet restaurant
with the most underwhelming food I've ever eaten.

Strange that they seem to advertise so much on TV yet don't appear to have any nearby locations.
Yet I drove by one at a nowhere interstate exit in Ohio.   Strange.

Bdubs

So much competition going on in Manchester as far as restaurants go. If you ask me, that area is way over saturated with sub par chain restaurants.

TRU7536

Quote from: Bdubs on August 09, 2014, 09:02:48 PM
So much competition going on in Manchester as far as restaurants go. If you ask me, that area is way over saturated with sub par chain restaurants.

It's like just chain restaurants, it's everything.

Office Depot, sports authority, etc. Manchester just over expanded and i think it can't handle it all.

ynkeesfn82

Nearly 5 years since I originally posted the rumor Ruby Tuesday at 855 Queen Street in Southington, Connecticut closed for good as of Sunday January 25, 2015. I-HOP will be moving in, but there is no timetable for this. Business as usually at other area Ruby Tuesdays:

1444 Farmington Ave Bristol (next to Walmart)
Meriden Square Mall Meriden
Westfarms Mall West Hartford

Hudsons81

It appears that the Ruby Tuesday at Southland Center in Taylor, Michigan will close in 2016. Primanti Brothers will take over their former space.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2015/10/01/news/doc560d801af413e514554154.txt

retailisking

The Ruby Tuesdays in Biddeford, Bangor and South Portland, ME closed suddenly over the weekend. I imagine Presque Isle (in the dead Aroostook Centre Mall) is next.
https://bangordailynews.com/2016/08/15/business/three-ruby-tuesday-restaurants-close-in-maine