Kroger

Started by tokensafari, January 06, 2005, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokensafari

Anyone that likes Kroger can post how they feel about the chain here. I prefer other stores, but they dominate our area for the most part, besides Wal-Mart and to local chains called Foodland, and Foodfair. We used to have Big Bear but Penn Traffic closed the Big Bear Stores as apart of a Chapter11 reorganization.

palooza68

WERE WAS KROGER LOCATED??????

tokensafari

palooza68

QuoteOriginally posted by palooza68
WERE WAS KROGER LOCATED??????

I WANT TO KNOW WERE SOME KROGERS ARE LOCATED:duh::duh:

tokensafari

oh.. ok.. mybad dude.  To answer your question...  they have stores all over the US, but they operate under different names. Krogers operates Krogers mostly on the east coast, Mid atlantic region. I hope that helps, i know it's rather broad.. but i hope this helps!

Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. They operate stores, such as: Fry's, Kings Soopers, Ralphs, Dillons, Baker's, Hilander, and many others. Krogers is the third largest retailer in the US today.

palooza68

THANK YOU TOKEN..........

store215

See the "FredMeyer" thread under "Stores" to see another division of Kroger.

Zayre88

Anonymous

Hey Tokensafari, You are from Wv, Remember Big Star?

C. Fontaine

Wow, those stores look pretty cool.  Hopefully I will visit one some day during my travels!

HoJofan206

I love Kroger.  I wish we had them in Evansville.  Instead we have Wal-Mart Hometown Markets, Schnucks--a pricey St. Louis MO based grocer, and Buy-Low--a somewhat local chain that is quickly growing out of Jasper Indiana.  In fact, they just bought out several of the Wynn-Dixie stores in Louisville KY.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Check this out:   :roll:

http://qqm468.tripod.com/kroco.html

WOW THE LOGO LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM THE 70s! COOL!:cool::D

WAS KROGER founded around the late 1960s?

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Anyone that likes Kroger can post how they feel about the chain here. I prefer other stores, but they dominate our area for the most part, besides Wal-Mart and to local chains called Foodland, and Foodfair. We used to have Big Bear but Penn Traffic closed the Big Bear Stores as apart of a Chapter11 reorganization.

EVER HEARD OF FOOD CITY and FOOD LION?

I know about them thanks to playing a NASCAR 2004 AND 2005 video Game

don't have much info though.

tokensafari

I remember Big Star kind of. As far as Food Lion and them goes. Foodlion's are mainly focused in the south. Correct me if i am wrong. When i lived in Tennessee, i went into a Foodlion. It was pretty cool store.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I JUST GOTTA POST THIS COOL LOGO

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
I remember Big Star kind of. As far as Food Lion and them goes. Foodlion's are mainly focused in the south. Correct me if i am wrong. When i lived in Tennessee, i went into a Foodlion. It was pretty cool store.

heres a pic of big star most recent I could find

this is from groceteria.net

as for I

I don't know big star:bouncing:

LazarusFan

Our Kroger supermarket has a gas station.

There's a Kroger at Graceland shopping center in Columbus that looks like what Harts & Big Bear used to be like.  They call it, Kroger MarketPlace.  The place at Columbus is the first of these stores for Kroger.

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

Kroger Headquarters in Ohio

ameskmart1

Anonymous

Well, I live in Krogerland. The one down the road from me closed and became a Stein Mart (what an unpleasant surprise). It was replaced by a bigger, freshly built one across the street. I actually started streaming tears when I saw the old one as Stein Mart!  I had grown up with it! Literally, tears were pouring down my face!:no::(

JimSawhill

Kroger had stores in the Central Florida area  in the 1970s.

wiseguy93

Kroger has been in Norton, Virginia two different times. First back in the 50 & 60's it was located down town where First Union Bank is now located. It closed in the 60's an A&P took over the building. It then came back in 1979 when the Norton Square shopping center opend, it was also anchored with Magic Mart. Krogers stay open until about 1986 when it closed. They had an aweomse deli. You could always smell the fresh bread baking. After Krogers closed the building became a Pay Less Supermarket, it closed around 1990 and then they building became a Food Lion. Food Lion completed remolded the store moving the enterance of the building from the side of the building to the center. Food Lion closed about 1998. About 1999 the building became a Sav o Lot and about a couple of months ago Norton Community Hosptial has bought the shopping center. NCH said they would honor the leases of the business but Sav o Lot's will run out at the end of the year. Sav o lot is plainging to move to Wise, Va about 3 miles away to part of the former Food Lion which has been spilt with Tractor Supply.

wiseguy93

Here's a picture of the Old Kroger's building. Now a Sav o lot.
Norton square shopping center, Norton Va. Norton Community Hospital is located right behind shopping Center.

**C. Fontaine edit: Resized

dmx10101

is there anyway you can post your pictures smaller?
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

wiseguy93

Here's the way it looked before Kroger's moved about 3miles down the road to a store they bought out. I love these style Krogers. The one is Norton, Virginia looked just like this one. Kroger opened this store in 1977. It is 26,000 sq. ft located in the Kroger Plaza Madison West Virginia. It is now a supermarket I can't remember what the new name is but it is just like Kroger's on the inside.Kroger's bought out Black's FOODLAND and moved into their building. Black's then went and bought out the least on this building and now it's a
Food Land Fresh owned by Black's. Does anybody know the story on this please post it. This is a reallly odd story.

wiseguy93

Former Krogers in Hazard Kentucky.Located in the
Town & Country Plaza Center, at the intersection of Highway 80 and 15. When the shopping center was built other anchors included kmart which is still open and CVS Pharmacy which is now closed also, I think a Dollar General is in the CVS. The buidling size 41,239 SF. Krogers closed 12/27/2005.
This was right after a super Wal Mart opened up in Hazard, I'am sure that had something to do with it.