A.J. Wright

Started by storehistoryguy, January 07, 2006, 05:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Crawford

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
Former Ames

Hey, that looks a lot like mine in East Providence. If it is, then the building was an original Ames and not a conversion. I am not all that crazy about this store as they seem to sell a lot of hip hop and gangbanger clothes which doesn't appeal to me.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

d_fife

here is the aj wright in methuen mass in the merrimac plaza that opened in october 2000.

from Carl Russo of http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/20031117/BU_001.htm

Rayco7030

u can buy a football jersey for 15-16 bucks :yup:
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the aj wright in methuen mass in the merrimac plaza that opened in october 2000.

What was it before it was an A.J. Wright?

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

What was it before it was an A.J. Wright?

the aj wright was a rich's department store.

AJ wright closed their stores in woburn mall and ashland mass (THAT ONLY LASTED A YEAR AND IT CONVERTED THE TJ MAXX TO AJ WRIGHT)

Zayre88

A.J.Wright sign in Portland ME.

d_fife

d_fife

here is the aj wright in warwick ri in the old stop and shop  building. it opened in early 2005

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/16/

d_fife

d_fife

here is a.j. wright in syracuse ny in the shop city shopping center.

d_fife

aj wright in manchester ct in manchester parkade in the center of town

d_fife

manchester ct

d_fife

manchester ct

sign in manchester ct one

d_fife

wethersfield Ct one in jordan lane plaza

d_fife

aj wright in windsor Ct (near hartford) in windsor shopping center

d_fife

aj wright in waterbury Ct on wolcott st in the price chopper plaza (former shaw's toys r us plaza) near kmart

d_fife

aj wright in waterbury Ct on wolcott st in the price chopper plaza (former shaw's toys r us plaza) near kmart
sign waterbury ct

Ameskid

They're all closing.  I heard it from my mom in January or february.  R.I.P A.J. Wright ????-2007

Can someone move this to the Closed Chains section?
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
They're all closing.  I heard it from my mom in January or february.  R.I.P A.J. Wright ????-2007

Can someone move this to the Closed Chains section?

They're only closing 34 stores
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.J._Wright

Marc82

AJ WRIGHT just opened last Sunday March 2nd in New Britain, Connecticut.  Went there today with my buddy Jeff. I love the store. If I had money I would've bought out a good part of the store. They sell a lot of hip-hop style clothing, which is what I like wearing very inexpensively compared to other stores, plus they have it in my size. I'm a very big guy. For those of you wondering AJ WRIGHT is in the New Brite Shopping Center in downtown New Britain at the corner of East Main Street and Main Street. Most recently it was home to Dollar Dreams and prior to that Liquor Depot. If you go there, next to it they are putting a Sav-a-Lot. That was previously an Adam's Super Food Store and before that Edward's. I had my camera in my car and I forgot to take pictures.

AmesNewington

Dollar Dreams is now closed in New Britain? Also, did the West Hartford one close too?

Marc82

Finally got around to taking pix of the AJ Wright in New Britain, CT. Opened in March 2008 in the New Brite Plaza. Store used to be Liquor Depot and most recently Dollar Dreams. Pic taken 10/21/08.

Marc82

Another look at the New Britain Store.

Marc82

Another Look at the New Britain store.

jmcnamara96

A.J. Wright, launched in 1998, operates similarly to our other off-price concepts, but targets the moderate-income customer.

A.J. Wright offers family apparel and home fashions, with an emphasis on basics, footwear, juniors, and children's assortments, including toys and games.

Prices at A.J. Wright are 20-70% below regular prices at national discount chains and budget department stores.

At year-end 2007, A.J. Wright operated 129 stores. A.J. Wright stores average approximately 26,000 square feet in size.

We anticipate opening a net of five stores in 2008 and, long term, believe that the U.S. could support approximately 1,000 stores