Burger King

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Here's a drawing of a Burger King restaurant, which I based off of two locations in my area:

(I created it using MS Paint)

JimSawhill

Quote from: ShopKoFan on March 29, 2016, 08:26:01 PM
Here's a drawing of a Burger King restaurant, which I based off of two locations in my area:

Nice...myself, I like the old mansard burger king better. In Tampa, there is only one old style BK open. The modern BKs look like it could be anything...

MikeRa

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 01, 2016, 11:15:57 PM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on March 29, 2016, 08:26:01 PM

Nice...myself, I like the old mansard burger king better. In Tampa, there is only one old style BK open. The modern BKs look like it could be anything...
The Burger King that is near me, located in Penndel, PA, is still an old school 1980's Burger King, minus the current signage on the building.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

JSIDA17

I know this is a weird question, but does anybody know if ANY Target stores have a Burger King inside of it?

Pikapower

Quote from: JSIDA17 on April 24, 2016, 05:09:23 PM
I know this is a weird question, but does anybody know if ANY Target stores have a Burger King inside of it?

Nope, never saw a BK at Target!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Burger King had locations inside Jamesway stores in the past. Currently, Burger King is opening restaurants inside Walmart stores.

Hudsons81

The Ecorse, Michigan Burger King just reopened a while ago after it was closed for a few years. The exterior now resembles the remodeled Southgate store I have a photo of on the previous page, as does the Northline and Allen location in Taylor, Michigan.

The defunct Argentinian fast-food restaurant Pumper Nic (1974-1999) had a logo that resembled Burger King's logo in its early days (the 1970s and 1980s) and is named after pumpernickel, a type of German bread. Their mascot was a green hippo named NIC.

A typical Pumper Nic location in San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina in the 1980s:

Read more here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumper_Nic

Chuck E. Cheese

^ Yeah, I've seen that place pop up in my retro research..

Hudsons81

There is now also a Burger King inside the Taylor, MI Walmart, which replaced previous tenant Blimpie Subs about a year or two ago during a renovation that also saw the old Walmart logos taken down for new ones.

giantsfan2016

Burger King improved their Fish Sandwich. I used to not like it, but now it's pretty good.

giantsfan2016

My BK Lunch 9/20/16.

Vanilla Shake, A-1 Bacon Cheeseburger, Cheetos Chicken Fries.

retailisking

Quote from: ShopKoFan on May 20, 2016, 10:16:44 PM
The defunct Argentinian fast-food restaurant Pumper Nic (1974-1999) had a logo that resembled Burger King's logo in its early days (the 1970s and 1980s)

The entry of BK to the Argentinian market forced Pumper Nic to change their logo, which seemed to take the wind out of their sails. Here's their later logo:

Quote from: retailisking on February 28, 2017, 11:17:43 PM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on May 20, 2016, 10:16:44 PM
The defunct Argentinian fast-food restaurant Pumper Nic (1974-1999) had a logo that resembled Burger King's logo in its early days (the 1970s and 1980s)

The entry of BK to the Argentinian market forced Pumper Nic to change their logo, which seemed to take the wind out of their sails. Here's their later logo:

And here's their final logo, in which they changed their name to "Pumper" in their final years of operation before filing for bankruptcy in 1999:

TheFugitive

BK in my neighborhood just underwent a very extensive remodel.

Personally I don't want my burger joint to look upscale and elegant.
I want it to bring back good memories of sucking down grease in the 70's!  ;)

JJBers

I have a story:
I was camping in Monson, MA, and a massive storm hit the area while I camping. So we deiced to go to fast food, and the closest option was Burger King in Sturbridge. When we got there, there was a massive puddle in the parking lot. I kept going in and out of it. This puddle had to be at least 20 feet wide, and 6 inches deep. Here's the thing though, this wasn't just any storm, this was the remnants of Hurricane Mathew in October 2016.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

JJBers

Here's some photos of my closest Burger King in Willimantic:
Sign:

Burger King (Willimantic, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
Night:

Burger King (Willimantic, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
Daytime:

Willimantic, Connecticut by JJBers, on Flickr
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

TheFugitive

A new Burger King is opening today in the Crafton-Green Tree section of Pittsburgh.
It is at the corner of Noblestown and Baldwick Roads.   The site was formerly home to a local
sporting goods store (Reed Sports) and a fresh bread and sandwich shop.  Both were
demolished to make room for the new BK.

Ironically enough, directly across the street is a restaurant that was a Burger King
back in the 80's.   It closed in the early 90's and is currently a Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe
(a local chain).  So BK bailed on this corner because there wasn't enough business,
only to come back twenty-five years later.

Also across the street, on the opposite side of Baldwick, is a Health and Wellness Clinic
run by a chiropractor named Dr. James Winer.  He single-handedly keeps a half-dozen
small radio stations in business by buying up hours and hours of airtime during the week
to hawk his products and treatments.  I suspect now that he is surrounded by Fast Food
(which he rails against) he will have plenty to talk about.

Back in the day I used to date a girl who lived on Baldwick Rd. and spent plenty of
time at that old BK location.

Burger King introduced us to their new YouTube video warning us about the importance of net neutrality, called "Whopper Neutrality:"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzy5vRmN8Q&t=2s

Pikapower

Does anyone remember when Burger King sold "Tubby Custard" Jell-O pudding cups?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Modern Burger King commercials made to look retro:

The Yumbo Sandwich (2014): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvG5R2RXIk (1970s)

Cheesy Tots (2018): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQgeQRPL9wo (1980s/1990s)

giantsfan2016

Geno (MR Caldor on here) and I went to the Queen Street Southington Burger King today. I had the Bacon King Sandwich and Surge to drink. I've waited 18 years to drink Surge. I believe it was 18 years ago when they discontinued it. Good Burger. Surge was just as good as I remember.

EddieJ1984

I tried the promotion to get a Whopper for 1 cent by using the mobile app at a mcdonalds and it just kept telling me to get within 600 feet of a mcdonalds.

So I gave up, and just went to burger king (which is right across the street) and used a coupon.

Zayre88

Our very unique Burger King was unfortunately destroyed by fire a year ago. A car slammed into the doors and caught fire.

The unique round building had to be torn down. It will soon be replaced by a new Burger King although a more classic rectangle-shaped one:

Amesguy2000

That seems like it would have been a very unique BK.. Sad and unfortunate loss....

Burger King is going to introduce the Upside Down Whopper and special retro packaging to tie-in with season 3 of Netflix series Stranger Things. It will only be available to Burger King restaurants in all major U.S. cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dO3w4ibsEw

Retail_247

Are there any burger king resturants that still have the old logo for the sign as of 2019?
Retail_247

Everything Community

Former Burger King in Manchester, CT (Buckland St. area)

Closed in early 2012. Now occupied by myeyedr. and Amazon Dental
You cannot see attachments on this board.

EddieJ1984

The Burger King by me in Morrisville, PA is getting remodeled and will probably be open within a week or so.
Pics prior from 2020 (They gave it a gray paint scheme only a few years ago)

And these yesterday (Nov 19th 2022)

TheFugitive

Quote from: TheFugitive on November 06, 2017, 10:44:07 AMA new Burger King is opening today in the Crafton-Green Tree section of Pittsburgh.
It is at the corner of Noblestown and Baldwick Roads.  The site was formerly home to a local
sporting goods store (Reed Sports) and a fresh bread and sandwich shop.  Both were
demolished to make room for the new BK.

Ironically enough, directly across the street is a restaurant that was a Burger King
back in the 80's.  It closed in the early 90's and is currently a Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe
(a local chain).  So BK bailed on this corner because there wasn't enough business,
only to come back twenty-five years later.

Also across the street, on the opposite side of Baldwick, is a Health and Wellness Clinic
run by a chiropractor named Dr. James Winer.  He single-handedly keeps a half-dozen
small radio stations in business by buying up hours and hours of airtime during the week
to hawk his products and treatments.  I suspect now that he is surrounded by Fast Food
(which he rails against) he will have plenty to talk about.

Back in the day I used to date a girl who lived on Baldwick Rd. and spent plenty of
time at that old BK location.

Annnnnnnddd.....it's gone.  I drove by this location yesterday and the BK has closed.
All logos and identifying marks have been stripped from the building. It barely made it five
years, directly across the street from where a previous BK closed over thirty years ago. 
Someone on their site selection team really screwed-up apparently.  It's was a brand-new
BK concept building and they had to spend a lot on property acquision and demolition as
well.  Expensive mistake.