AMESFANCLUB
January 21, 2018, 02:33:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Popeye's Chicken  (Read 11335 times)
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »

The franchisee who owned all of the Popeye's stores in Pittsburgh (which was not very many)
pulled the plug and closed them all about four years ago.

A new franchisee is not starting to slowly re-open them.
Stork of The Weak

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »

Funny story... I was in Louisiana on vacation a few years ago and found a Cajun seafood restaurant called Poppadeaux, and their logo looked just like the Popeyes logo. Normally who would want their gourmet restaurant associated with a chain of fried chicken joints? I must say Popeyes makes exceptional fried chicken (the spicy is amazing but the mild sucks) along with biscuits and fries, plus a number of desserts. They also sometimes have turkeys during the fall and winter which are not your grandfather's bland turkey for sure!
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 07:23:29 PM »

Popeyes is opening in the old Friendly's on Spence Street in Manchester, Connecticut.

http://www.courant.com/community/manchester/hc-manchester-popeyes-1217-20141216-story.html
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 05:20:53 AM »

Popeye's is opening in New Britain, Connecticut on West Main Street in one of the old Taco Bell's in town. The building is currently an automotive place which is relocating. The other former Taco Bell on East Main remains empty.

http://newbritainherald.com/articles/2014/05/11/news/doc536ec78e7bfeb076620173.txt

They hope to be open this summer. They're almost done with the project. Part of the problems is with the state of CT working at a snail's pace on a bridge over West Main Street.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/newbritainherald/news/article_f5f1daae-ef90-11e4-aed2-dfceca92854e.html
HannafordHearts
Jr. Ames-Lad!

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »

A Popeye's recently opened in downtown Utica, NY in a former KFC.

Hi, I'm Seth, a 15-year-old retail enthusiast.
Come see my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/56907148@N03/
jason83080

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »

A new Popeye's opened up in North Olmsted, OH, inside the former Donato's Pizza. They kept the doors and "NORTH OLMSTED" on the window above them from when Donato's was there.
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »

Popeye's opened today July 12, 2015 in on the corner of West Main and Burritt in New Britain, CT.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/newbritainherald/article_b4e4597a-28fb-11e5-9635-231ac36fc3ee.html
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 05:01:38 PM »

Burger King and Tim Hortons parent Restaurant Brands International Inc is reportedly bidding to buy Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Inc

http://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/burger-king-and-tim-hortons-parent-restaurant-brands-international-inc-is-reportedly-bidding-to-buy-popeyes-louisiana-kitchen-inc

retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »

I mentioned this in the Tim Hortons thread, but the ex-Tims across from the Maine Mall in South Portland is now a Popeye's. This is the first freestanding Popeyes in Maine in more than 20 years.
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 11:51:48 AM »

Burger King and Tim Hortons parent Restaurant Brands International Inc is reportedly bidding to buy Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Inc

http://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/burger-king-and-tim-hortons-parent-restaurant-brands-international-inc-is-reportedly-bidding-to-buy-popeyes-louisiana-kitchen-inc

Done deal - Popeye's sells for $1.8 billion - but will RBI screw up Popeye's recent string of successes? Neither BK nor Tims are doing well in the States.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-popeyes-restaurant-brands-idUSKBN1601L3
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 06:07:32 AM »

Maybe they'll convert more former or current Tim Horton's to Popeye's ?  They now have a good example of that in South Portland.

Like IHOPs that replaced Applebee's

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:09:39 AM by Zayre88 » Logged

retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »

Maybe they'll convert more former or current Tim Horton's to Popeye's ?  They now have a good example of that in South Portland.

Like IHOPs that replaced Applebee's

RBI claims that Popeye's will continue to have its own management team. We can only hope...
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 03:54:35 PM »

Popeye's (along with Texas Road House) is building on Newtown Road in Danbury, CT near Stop & Shop.

http://thebullct.com/the-bull-hometown-news/ee8badbb772df4281e004666214d9d29

(And before anyone criticizes a website called "The Bull" - that's the name of one of Danbury's Country Stations - 107.3 in Danbury and 97.9 in New Milford. They're sister station to all-news/talk 94.1/800 WLAD)

Brammy
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »

And before anyone criticizes a website called "The Bull"

There's a punchline involving CNN in there someplace.  Wink
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »

Southington, CT is getting a Popeye's. It will be located on West Street near Homegoods/Michael's. No word as to whether or not the one at the truck stop will remain open.

Southington PZC approves Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen for West Street hotel plaza
March 8, 2017 02:28PM
By Jesse Buchanan Record-Journal staff

SOUTHINGTON — Planning officials gave a local developer approval Tuesday to add a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen restaurant to plans for a hotel, bank and medical building on West Street.

The Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously approved the addition of a restaurant to the hotel plaza for 1095 West St. after a public hearing and presentation by Sev Bovino, a planner with Kratzert Jones & Associates in Milldale. No one spoke for or against the plan Tuesday night.

Plans for the hotel and retail area were modified and approved by the commission last year. Bovino received commission approval for the plaza in 2008 but the economic downturn stalled development.
From this section:
Crash closes intersection in Southington

Mark Lovley is developing the property along with Bovino.

Rahman Hashimi, owner of numerous Popeyes restaurants throughout the state, will run the Southington fried chicken franchise. He was drawn to the West Street area due to the traffic and proximity to office buildings across the street and the planned hotel nearby.

Hashimi hopes to open the restaurant in October.

In his presentation to the planning commission, Bovino said the restaurant will have a similar style to other buildings on the site complete with awnings, canopies and a stone veneer.

When commission vice chairman Paul Chaplinsky asked about traffic flow and parking requirements, Bovino said the addition of a restaurant wouldn’t disrupt the development.

“We believe the proposal is in harmony with the development of the area,” he said. “The uses are not detrimental to the area.”

Bovino and Lovley are building a 125-room Courtyard by Marriott at the site across from Executive Boulevard off West Street. The hotel focuses on short-stay family and business travel.

The section of West Street near the Interstate-84 exit has rebounded in the past few years. Businesses have filled the office buildings vacated by The Hartford and a retail plaza is under construction near the Target on the same side of the street. That development will include a Michael’s, HomeGoods and a Chip’s Restaurant.

jbuchanan@recordjournal.com 203-317-2230 Twitter: @JBuchananRJ

Brammy
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2017, 12:50:15 PM »

I think the locations in places like a truck stop are generally franchised to the owners of that (whatever chain, in this case TA, it looks like?) so probably not impacted by other locations in the area.
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2017, 06:25:24 PM »

I think the locations in places like a truck stop are generally franchised to the owners of that (whatever chain, in this case TA, it looks like?) so probably not impacted by other locations in the area.

Yeah it is TA. This one has Popeye's, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut Express. There is a also a restaurant there called Country Pride.

https://www.ta-petro.com/location/ct/ta-southington

Brammy
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2017, 01:37:34 AM »

It's in the prime corner location at Maine Mall Road and Running Hill Road that used to be a Tim Hortons/Cold Stone Creamery
http://locations.popeyes.com/me/south-portland/12471/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:52:04 PM by retailisking » Logged
mjb1124
-AMESER who is not just FLOATING around

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »

Coincidentally (or not?), there's been a combination BK/Popeye's in East Brunswick NJ for a few years now, and they also just opened a Popeye's right next to the Burger King in New Brunswick.
zonemad96

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2017, 10:35:44 AM »

I'm not sure if this is representative of the company as a whole or just my area but popeyes has spent a lot of money in the past few years in Maryland remodeling their stores and better training their employees. I remember a lot of their stores were outdated and run down and now it's just the opposite they look clean and brand new also right after they remodeled a few of their stores a few of the kfc's have shutdown.
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »

I'm not sure if this is representative of the company as a whole or just my area but popeyes has spent a lot of money in the past few years in Maryland remodeling their stores and better training their employees. I remember a lot of their stores were outdated and run down and now it's just the opposite they look clean and brand new also right after they remodeled a few of their stores a few of the kfc's have shutdown.

Popeye's is trying to position itself above Church's, so I'm not surprised by that.
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2018, 09:27:34 PM »

The Southington, CT one on West Street opens this Wednesday January 10th.

Brammy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: