Chung's Buffet - Plainville, CT

Started by M.R.CALDOR, March 28, 2022, 06:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.R.CALDOR

Does anyone have recollections of eating here? Was the food any good? When did it open and close and why did it close? The restaurant, along with the surrounding property had been abandoned for a long time and I was born in 1995. I never remember seeing this property as anything other than a dilapidated and spooky looking plaza. I know some fondly remember the bookstore that was there, but you never hear anything about the other businesses that were there, which comprised mainly of automotive shops and this restaurant. Here are some photos I shot of the place and the sign, it was so submerged in foliage that one could no longer even make out that a structure lied behind the shrubbery. This property was razed in 2014 or so.

M.R.CALDOR

Some more photos of the surrounding property, including a photo of yours truly posing in front of Victory Motors, one of the plaza's many automotive shops. I'd love to know the history of this plaza, the businesses and why and when they all went kaput.

Everything Community

I think on this site where the restaurant used to be located at is now a Goodwill thrift store that opened up over three years ago. Prove me wrong!

M.R.CALDOR

Quote from: Everything Community on March 28, 2022, 07:12:27 PMI think on this site where the restaurant used to be located at is now a Goodwill thrift store that opened up over three years ago. Prove me wrong!

Yes, but I want to know what the place was like before it became dilapidated.

Brammy

The used book store that was there was awesome. The eventually moved to Route 10 in Plainville got sold and shut down. I believe due to illegal activities.

The red house that was the book store was haunted by a woman who was murdered there. The woman let two women who were really men stay there and they murdered at ra*ed her. I don't remember what year that was late 1800s or early 1900s. I'd have to check with the Plainville Historical Society.
The Real Brammy