Gas Stations in Your City/Town

Started by Hudsons81, September 13, 2014, 04:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Quote from: Brammy on October 26, 2017, 06:15:44 PM
Quote from: Brammy on September 29, 2017, 09:13:20 PM
Southington, CT Update:
A new gas station is under construction at 398 Main Street, replacing a demolished BP station.

The gas station is still under construction. Signs are up. It's going to be the third Sunoco in Southington.

As of last Monday December 18th this station still isn't finished. Looks like it's also going to have Krispy Krunchy Chicken inside. Krispy Kruncy Chicken has been popping up in gas stations all over the place recently including The Mobil Station on Queen Street near Walmart and The Valero Station on the corner of Emmett and Pine Streets in Bristol. They also have a free-standing location in New Britain.

giantsfan2016

Southington/Bristol, CT Update 3/18/18.

The new Sunoco Station at 398 Main Street in Southington has finally opened.

The Valero Station at 948 Pine Street in Bristol closed a month or two ago. A few weeks ago they removed the tanks and the pumps. And nothing else has happened with the site. The building where their store was remains standing as does their sign. My connections at the nearby Stop and Shop have no idea what's happening with the Valero station. All they told me were "yeah, I saw that it was closed and that they removed the tanks and pumps."

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

BP just opened a new Amoco gas station in New Jersey. That's BP's first test location for Amoco outside of the state of New York under that newly-resurrected brand.

giantsfan2016

Souhtington Update:

Hess at 181 Queen Street is now Gulf.

Bristol Update:
Valero at 948 Pine Street remains closed. They have a dumpster out front and they've removed stuff from inside what was the mini mart.

MikeinBuffalo

The Gulf at 4220 Sheridan Drive in Amherst, N.Y., is being rebranded as a Marathon. Is this a common thing?

Also, the former Valero/Gas Stop remains abandoned next to the KeyBank at 4020 Sheridan. The "Gas Stop" was in business for maybe 6 months, and the pumps were removed in 2016.
Bed Bath and Beyond grunt.
N.Y. Ames Pilgrimages completed: Medina #69, Alden #78, Collins #79, Tonawanda #251, Blasdell #1066, South Cheektowaga #1077 (RIP), Cheektowaga/Depew #1079, Buffalo #1109, Buffalo #1206 (RIP)
Dead Retail of Buffalo on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141912098@N03/albums

JJBers

Quote from: JJBers on December 23, 2017, 04:11:48 PM
Quote from: JJBers on September 30, 2017, 08:18:54 AM
Willimantic, Connecticut

Cumberland Farms, located on CT 66/CT 32 nearby the CVS.
Exxon, located on CT 66/CT 32 right next to Dairy Queen and Bridge St.
Former Citgo, closed earlier this year, on CT 66 across from the mills.
Gulf, at the corner of CT 66 and CT 14, across the street from CT 195.
Mobil, a fifth of a mile up CT 66 from the Gulf station.
Fuel Plus (Former Shell, closed in early-2015, then became a Gulf that closed in the end of 2015) on US 6 where it becomes a freeway.
Irving, US 6 in Chaplin, next to the post office.
Valero, on the corner of CT 66 and CT 32, nearby the Stop and Shop
Stop and Shop Gas, where do you think this is?
Shell, on CT 32 nearby BJ's.
A1?, just down the street on CT 32 from US 6.
Knights, closed, next to a dollar tree.
Ultra Fuel, CT 195, next to US 6 freeway.
Shell and Cumberland Farms, at the corner of Ash St. and Jackson St. (Both CT 195)

Update: Citgo has fully closed, and the sign was whited out.
I forgot to add the 7 Eleven on CT 66 in Columbia, Connecticut.
Lastly, a new Shell gas station is opening in Hampton, Connecticut on US 6.
The new Shell gas station opened. Citgo's overhang and pumps were ripped out in early 2018.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

Bristol, CT update:

Citgo on the corner of Redstone and Birch got a complete makeover. A new owner took over Food Bag. The remodeled store looks nice from the outside. I haven't been in there yet.

The Old Valero at 948 Pine Street remains closed. Pumps removed.

BP at 44 South Street is closed.

Southington, CT update:

The Citgo on West Street is now called Metro.

I'm the one who usually gets asked to change the price on the sign at BJ's in Southington. It's a collosal pain in the ass. The stupid metal pole with the suction cups and the heavy duty plastic numbers. When BJ's opened back in 2010 digital gas price signs were illegal in Southington. They weren't allowed until 2015. The new Cumberland Farms  that opened in December 2015 on West Street next to Kizl's Restaurant was one of the first stations in Southington to get a digital sign.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

BP is starting to open more locations under its Amoco brand.

JimSawhill

Quote from: JimSawhill on May 16, 2015, 08:55:47 PM
Growing up in East Hartford, I remember the following: A1 Corner of Main and Brewer, GasTown/Gas Land Main Street (next to the Hockanum River bridge) and Burnside Ave (at the S curve), Hess (Main St. at Silver Lane), Sunoco (Silver Lane), Gulf, Citgo (School St.), Atlantic/Arco (then Shell) at School St. and Park Ave, Texaco (Silver Lane). There were others but can't think of where they were.

I just remembered that there was Phillips 66 and a Tulsa. The Tulsa was on Main Street near Pitkin Street. Phillips 66 was on Main Street near Coke Bottling and Texaco was near there, also.

MikeRa

Quote from: MikeRa on November 16, 2014, 04:33:39 PM
In Bensalem, PA, some of the gas station providers are:

• BP
  • Exxon
  • Gulf
  • Shell
  • Sunoco
  • Wawa
The new major gas station providers in Bensalem is:

• Conoco
  • Exxon
  • Sunoco
  • Wawa
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

giantsfan2016

Bristol, CT update.

The Valero at 89 Stafford Avenue at the corner of Brook Street is now BP.

Southington, CT update.

The Gas Man at the fork in the road of Main Street and Bristol street is closed. The store remains open. They're probably putting in new pumps.

JimSawhill

Quote from: JimSawhill on August 10, 2019, 10:58:32 AM
Quote from: JimSawhill on May 16, 2015, 08:55:47 PM
Growing up in East Hartford, I remember the following: A1 Corner of Main and Brewer, GasTown/Gas Land Main Street (next to the Hockanum River bridge) and Burnside Ave (at the S curve), Hess (Main St. at Silver Lane), Sunoco (Silver Lane), Gulf, Citgo (School St.), Atlantic/Arco (then Shell) at School St. and Park Ave, Texaco (Silver Lane). There were others but can't think of where they were.

I just remembered that there was Phillips 66 and a Tulsa. The Tulsa was on Main Street near Pitkin Street. Phillips 66 was on Main Street near Coke Bottling and Texaco was near there, also.

Just remember another Texaco, at the fork of Main and High. Not sure what it is...now.