AMESFANCLUB
January 18, 2018, 11:35:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shop Rite  (Read 135087 times)
Joeg

« Reply #570 on: May 21, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »

Xpect discount was an old Grand Union Family Market that opened around 1973 or 74.  When is the new Shoprite in Cromwell going to open? Are they going to have Shoprite from Home?  I did not hear of any Shoprite's in CT closing, in fact I think they want to expand even more in the state (maybe some Price Chopper locations?) If anything, they would convert to corporate stores, I don't think they would leave the state.
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #571 on: May 21, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »

Xpect discount was an old Grand Union Family Market that opened around 1973 or 74.  When is the new Shoprite in Cromwell going to open? Are they going to have Shoprite from Home?  I did not hear of any Shoprite's in CT closing, in fact I think they want to expand even more in the state (maybe some Price Chopper locations?) If anything, they would convert to corporate stores, I don't think they would leave the state.

Hi Joe. Last I heard is that they want to be open by the end of 2017. It's going to be a smaller sized store. Around 54,000 or 55,000 square feet. It's also going to be oddly shaped seeing how they're taking the entire former Xpect store plus round 20,000 from the former KMART Space. The former KMART is much deeper than the former Xpect. See the real estate company's map on page 3 of the link below.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/486CFC70-87A0-493B-960F-C7859F17569D.pdf

Brammy
AmesNewington
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2017, 04:47:53 AM »

I'm hoping ShopRite expands further in CT. The Newington/Berlin area needs one, given that Stop and Shop and Price Chopper are the only full service supermarkets in the area. Best Market is a smaller market, and Aldi and Stews are quite different kinds of food stores. I think Wakefern would benefit from having corporate run stores.
standa

« Reply #573 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:53 PM »

The West Haven, CT ShopRite will be closing.

http://www.nhregister.com/business/20170601/west-haven-shoprite-tells-state-its-closing-laying-off-up-to-148-people
Joeg

« Reply #574 on: June 01, 2017, 02:52:23 PM »

Closing the West Haven store because it is to close to the Orange store?? Then there opening one in Cromwell CT.
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #575 on: June 01, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »

Channel 3 says ShopRite's lease is up soon.

Brammy
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #576 on: June 02, 2017, 03:52:37 AM »

Closing the West Haven store because it is to close to the Orange store?? Then there opening one in Cromwell CT.

I sent this story to a friend on Facebook who lives in West Haven. One of her friends responded that University of New Haven which is nearby is buying the property to expand.

Brammy
standa

« Reply #577 on: June 02, 2017, 06:51:14 AM »

I sent this story to a friend on Facebook who lives in West Haven. One of her friends responded that University of New Haven which is nearby is buying the property to expand.

Would the Railroad Salvage store be closing too?
JimSawhill
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #578 on: June 07, 2017, 05:56:54 AM »

Would the Railroad Salvage store be closing too?

I guess Railroad Salvage is the last store in the chain...
AmesNewington
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #579 on: August 19, 2017, 10:27:19 AM »

There is an ad for the new ShopRite coming soon in Cromwell, CT for management positions. I don't think any work has begun with the building. At least from the highway, you could see the Xpect sign still up. Can't wait to find out when they will open next year.
Joeg

« Reply #580 on: September 02, 2017, 04:08:51 AM »

Is the Shoprite of Cromwell CT still on track to open this year??
AmesNewington
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #581 on: September 02, 2017, 12:37:25 PM »

Is the Shoprite of Cromwell CT still on track to open this year??

Probably not this year. From what I could see from Route 9/Exit 19, the Xpect Discount sign is still on the building as of a few weeks ago and that's where most of the store will be. It looked rather dark inside the building too from that point. Also no article in any newspaper about a "groundbreaking" like the Garafalo family had for their East Haven store. I haven't actually been in the plaza itself since April, so maybe they've been working inside. They made Kmart get out rather quick. I thought ShopRite would come in and start renovations right away.
Patrick Boots CEC

« Reply #582 on: September 03, 2017, 03:16:55 PM »

As of today (09/03/17), there's no work being done on the Cromwell Plaza as far as I can see from the road. I didn't go up close, so maybe they are doing some indoors stuff..
JJBers
Ames In their blood!

No Ames nearby since 2002...

« Reply #583 on: November 27, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »

As of today (09/03/17), there's no work being done on the Cromwell Plaza as far as I can see from the road. I didn't go up close, so maybe they are doing some indoors stuff..
Went there yesterday, no work inside or outside at all.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »

This location (at 55,000 Square Feet, since there were questions about SR sizes in other postings) is scheduled to open on Sunday, December 10th.
JJBers
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »

I wonder if they'll ever reenter the Willimantic, CT market. They left back in the early-1990's and could come back at any time. It wouldn't even be the most eastern store, with that going to New London's location. They could either take over the former Sears Hardware in North Windham, or build a new location on CT 195 or CT 66.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

standa

« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

I wonder if they'll ever reenter the Willimantic, CT market. They left back in the early-1990's and could come back at any time. It wouldn't even be the most eastern store, with that going to New London's location. They could either take over the former Sears Hardware in North Windham, or build a new location on CT 195 or CT 66.

Where was the Shoprite located in Williamantic, CT market? What is there now?
JJBers
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2017, 06:51:39 PM »

Where was the Shoprite located in Williamantic, CT market? What is there now?
It was located in the Willimantic Plaza on CT 32, where the JCPenney was. Currently it's a Ocean State Job Lot, with the JCPenney being a BJ's Warehouse.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  

Jump to: