AMESFANCLUB
January 21, 2018, 04:22:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardee's  (Read 21694 times)
amesman
Sub-Administrators
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »

Originally posted by BillyGr
A former Hardees on Route 7 that is now a Chinese buffet.  This one closed quite a few years ago (10 or so) and was one of only a couple ever in this area (Clifton Park had one, there was also one in Cobleskill, don't know of others in the Albany area).

There was one on Central Avenue in next to the Colonie Diner, at the entrance to the Price Chopper Plaza. It went from Hardees to Boston Market, and is now a pizza place.
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »

Originally posted by amesman
There was one on Central Avenue in next to the Colonie Diner, at the entrance to the Price Chopper Plaza. It went from Hardees to Boston Market, and is now a pizza place.

How did I forget that one?
amesman
Sub-Administrators
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006, 11:23:08 PM »

It happens to the best of us man..especially with the retail fans, having to remember all this stuff like what store closed when, and what went into it, and all this stuff...hehe
beezer210
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 07:54:34 PM »

Here's the recently closed Hardee's in Dillsburg, PA, about 20 min. north of Gettysburg on Rt. 15.  I used to stop here on the way to school, but I guess that won't happen anymore:

XISMZERO
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 09:02:39 PM »

Ate at Hardee's twice when I visited Florida way back in the day. I used to like their curly fries. They seem to be a victim of harsh press and abomindable health violations which probably earns them the clunker prize of worst places to dine fast.

All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr
StarSage
Pre-Awesome Ames Dude

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 09:01:36 PM »

My grandparents used to Winter in Florida and their drive from upstate New York would always include a stopover or two at a Hardee's. They had a collection of coffee mugs.

One Winter I remember my family making the trip to visit the grandparents and we made certain we stopped at Hardee's. Their buttermilk biscuit breakfast sandwhiches were excellent. Although, knowing what I know now of their ingrediants.. my stomach churns at the thought of digesting one.
XISMZERO
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 09:35:37 PM »

Originally posted by StarSage
Their buttermilk biscuit breakfast sandwhiches were excellent. Although, knowing what I know now of their ingrediants.. my stomach churns at the thought of digesting one.

Oh I hear ya buddy. I cringe everytime I see McDonalds or Burger King unveil a triple hamburger with cheese, mayo and bacon. How can you recover from such a saturated impact of grossness? My heart ached in fear when Hardee's unveiled that controversal one million calorie thing (don't remember what it was...) last year.

All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr
tomasher
Non-spammer. Here for Ames!

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »

I drive from the Philadelphia area to Dover, DE about three times a year to visit a Hardee's.  LOVE their food.  Monster Thickburger, fries, and a Pibb.

There was a Hardee's near the intersection of PA 73 and PA 100 in the Gilbertsville, PA area.  Last time I checked (I go to Zern's Farmer's Market on occasion), it was a pizza joint.

beachgal26
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 01:32:29 AM »

I used to see quite a few when I lived up north and also in the Orlando area.  It was nice since they had more things than just burgers and I remember that they had good ham & cheese sandwiches and hot dogs.

An interesting bit of trivia - my daughter and I were standing in line at lunchtime in our local Hardees in Kissimmee, FL when we all looked out the window to see the space shuttle take off when we realized that it was the Challenger exploding.  It left a very spooky "Y" in the sky that stayed that way for the entire rest of the day!

:( :( :(
HoJofan206
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 09:56:37 AM »

Former Hardee's turned Taco Tiera
shakethis1234

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 01:07:16 PM »

whys did so many closed did they go bankrupt
HoJofan206
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »

Hardee's is still around, but yes, they have had lots of locations close down.  I think they have a difficult time coming up with an image that people associate them with.
HoJofan206
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 11:11:23 AM »

Former Decatur Illinois location
HoJofan206
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »

This is a typical Hardee's today.
jmann
-AMESER who is not just FLOATING around

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »

I remember there was one on Chase ave. in Waterbury CT. I
believe it closed in the late 70's/early 80's. It was about the only fast food my parents would eat. Ever since then it's been a series of strip clubs.
FearlessSwan
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2008, 03:33:38 PM »

Former Hardee's Largo, FL

This may have been one as well.

Winter Haven, FL

Crawford

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »

Here in Rhode Island, Hardee's bought out most of the remaining Burger Chefs about 1983-1984. They all closed within a year. I don't believe there are any Hardee's at all in New England or at least close to me

"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor
videogamer75
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »

I have a big race car model from the 90's that has the hardee's old logo on it. it is sponsoring (what was back then) NASCAR number 28, Cale Yarborough.
wiseguy93
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2008, 10:50:30 AM »

The ones here in my area of Southwest Virginia, and Eastern Kentucky and Northeast Tennessee are still open. We have one in about every town. In Wise County there is five. About every town in Wise Co has a Hardee's.
wiseguy93
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »

Here's a former Hardee's it closed down about 1990, it moved about a mile or two down the road to a new shopping center and is still open there, when I get the time I'll take a picture of it, but for now here's a picture of the old Hardee's it was built about the same time all of them in Wise County Virginia was built and that was the late 1970's. This Hardee's was located on Main Street right in center of the city of Norton, Virginia. Built right beside of Long John's Silver, and Pizza Hut. They have all closed since and all are something else. It is now a  Yamato Japanesse Steak House.
wiseguy93
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 03:08:54 PM »

check out this formerly Hardee's Frist time I have seen one this. I have never seen one become a Laundromat. This one is in Newport News Va. Soaps N' Suds Laundromat
NJxxJon
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

ME. TEXT AWAY.

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »

Originally posted by wiseguy93
check out this formerly Hardee's Frist time I have seen one this. I have never seen one become a Laundromat. This one is in Newport News Va. Soaps N' Suds Laundromat

Hey wiseguy, welcome back and thanks for the pics!!!!!!!

______
________
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »

Originally posted by wiseguy93

There is a former Taco Bell in southern NJ that became a laundromat in 2003 after being closed for five years. now it's a starbucks.

I've never eaten at a hardee's before, but i would like to try their food. :yup:
XDeSuEhTX

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »

I can't eat Hardee's anymore. It so unhealthy I just can't, I get bad indigestion. I haven't ate there really in a year.

"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"
nims57
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 10:00:16 PM »

Hardee's was franchised by American Stores in the Philadelphia area.
TenPoundHammer
Non-spammer. Here for Ames!

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »

Originally posted by HoJofan206
Has anyone noticed how many Hardee's restaurants have gone out of business over the past 5 years?  They used to be EVERYWHERE and now you find so many "ghost" buildings along the highways and hometowns across the country.  What did you like best about Hardee's?  and least?
I currently like the slammer burgers, but they are a bit costly for what you get.

The ones in Michigan were nearly gone way before that. I count over 100 former Hardee's in Michigan, most of which were gone before 1997. One, in Pinconning, is still vacant about 14 years after closing (and it opened in 1989 too; ouch!). Pics: http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/malldirectories/hardees/hardees.html
rjstheiv
AMESer +1

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »

Hardee's must be one of the best fast food chains out there. The burgers actually taste real, unlike McDonalds that taste like they are soaked in swamp water. Wink
HoJofan206
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »

Here is a photo of an abandoned Hardee's located in the southeast side of Indianapolis.
Mervyns
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2009, 05:42:38 PM »

The ONLY one in my area closed in the 2000s and was remodeled into an Arby's. They were owned by Acme. There was one in Hershey PA that closed years ago as well... now a local bank.
retailfan
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »

Originally posted by HoJofan206
Here is a photo of an abandoned Hardee's located in the southeast side of Indianapolis.

where on the Southeast sde is that ?
I didnt know of any on the southside  boarded up
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: