Dollar Tree

Started by shakethis1234, January 08, 2005, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakethis1234

The Old Ames Store in Auburn New York is now a Bed bath Beyond comming soon Super Dollar Tree That Sucks. Why Can't it be like Wisebuys It like Ames

store215

Dollar Trees are pretty nice stores.

C. Fontaine

Super Dollar Tree... Hahaha

amesman

lol..never heard of that concept before :bigsmile:

C. Fontaine

It must be where everything is truly a dollar, and not even below.  Like a stick of gum or pencil.

Zayre88

Here's a pic of the Ames in Tilton NH.  The entire store is now a Dollar Tree.  It was a small store of about 32,000 sq.-ft.

The 1/3 of the Ames in Bangor ME became Dollar Tree too!

amesman

Caldor99

i have a picture of that ames when it was open

Zayre88

Cool i was looking for that !!:P

Caldor1999

yep i found it on some sight i got a  new s/n name my old one was having troble logen in
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Chris

The closest Dollar Tree for me is Wethersfield, and Bristol CT. We went to the Bristol store and I really like that store. Every item is $1 or less! They are a true dollar store! I'm trying to push for one in Newington!!lol

amesman

There'a Dollar Tree in part of the old Caldor in Kingston, New York. The remaining portion is a Burlington Coat Factory.

Anonymous

I know its not Dollar Tree but its the Dollar Store

THE DOLLAR STORE HAS THE MOST CHEAPEST LOOKING SHOPPING CARTS I'VE EVER SEEN!

they are red. small and it basically have bars that are small with no logo on the side or front whatsoever

I mean they look almost like toys!:o

this is not a ** thread

This is a question

Why would a store pursue to have shopping carts that are cheap looking and possible reasons for demoralizing and downsizing the quality of the companies image?

Anonymous

Both Family Dollar and Dollar General have "DOLLAR" in their name, but most of their stuff is over a dollar...so what Dollar Tree did with the "Everything's a Dollar" slogan wasn't that dumb.

Anonymous

I know what you're saying MBZ321 IT DOES MAKE SENSE!

I'm just saying that having a slogan saying "Everything's $1.00" is unheard of to me in me knowing dollar stores because usually they don't obviously say that everything costs a dollar because people already expect everything in their stores to cost a dollar.

SO THATS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER SEEN A DOLLAR STORE ACTUALLY SAY EVERYTHING COSTS A $1.00

HOWEVER FROM WHAT YOU'RE SAYING MBZ321 IS THAT DOLLAR TREE IS ACTUALLY A TRUE DOLLAR STORE WHERE EVERYTHING COSTS A DOLLAR OR LESS!

so for once there is a true $1.00 store out there!

and they're not using it as a hoodwinking getup like Family Dollar with their cheap looking carts due

IN COMPARISON

DOLLAR TREE VS. Family Dollar

Dollar Tree-sells everything at a dollar or less

Family Dollar-uses dollar name as a cover for actual costs which are much as around possibly five dollars!

Dollar Tree-green professional looking shopping carts

Family Dollar-red thin bar small cheap looking shopping carts

WHOs THE BETTER OF THE TWO? YOU DECIDE!:bigsmile:

Anonymous

I like my local Dollar Trees because they are using old Clover carts!:o (the stores were part of another dollar store chain which Dollar Tree bought)

bargansbythebagful

I live 5 min from the old Ames store...its sad seein the last part of it go. What's weird is that 10% of the old store still remains inbetween Dollar Tree and Bed Bath and Beyond. Don't know what will go in that slot.  I'll take a picture with my phone tomorrow on the way to class and post it now that I got a little free time
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8693/dwightasjimxk7do6.gif">

HoJofan206

Family Dollar is one of the fastest growing Fortune 500 companies of 2004.  They, on average, are opening more new stores than any other retailer in the country, that includes Wal-Mart.  Just thought that was an interesting fact I picked up from the Wall Street Journal.

tokensafari

We're plagued with dollar stores: Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Silver Dollar, and so many more!

rchast

In Laconia we have a Family Dollar and in Tilton is the Dollar Tree. Well the Family Dollar Store, things are cheap but not all a dollar, the Dollar Tree evey thing is a $1 or under.  I like both.  Along with Big lots. Don't like shopping at W------ if I can help it. Like Target to.

d_fife

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

BillyGr

Here's the Dollar tree in the Delaware plaza - this store (including the GNC space, I believe) was a Brooks, which then became Revco and then CVS (who closed it since they have a store about 1/2 mi down the road).

BillyGr

This is the Bennington (VT) store - it is next to Home Depot, and in the space that used to be a movie theater when the plaza was Ames/Price Chopper.

Zayre88

Dollar Tree is in expansion mode in Northern New England.  Not too long ago, they had no stores at all in Maine.  Now they are in most major city and more are slated to open soon.

BillyGr

The first store is the Cobleskill store (in with the Super WalMart on Route 7).  

The second is the Oneonta location, on Route 28, near the Hannaford (for some reason, Hannaford sits by itself and the rest of the stores are in a separate strip).

ameskmart1

Future Dollar Tree in Idaho Falls, ID