Taco Bell

Started by C. Fontaine, January 08, 2005, 04:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason83080

They're building a brand-new Taco Bell next to the Burger King on Detroit Road, nearby the University/EMH Fitness Center compound. I guess they were able to get "colonial Avon style" past the Taco Bell execs, because the building looks very nice, and it fits in with the overall design of how Avon wants everything to look. It's a mix of the current style (side beam with the logos) and the colonial aspect that Avon's design board mandates everything in/around the business district have. Ironically, it doesn't have the new logo set, but the street sign (brick and low to the ground - city design mandate) is silver against brick, so it will probably be lit by spotlights at night, just like BK's street sign.

I'll have to swing by and get pictures tomorrow of that and our snazzy colonial-looking Burger King. TB should be opening soon, I imagine.

--

Actually, here are some photos of the colonial BK, courtesy of the design firm and Yelp:

http://www.jlmooreinc.com/images/dynamic/W1siZmYiLCJwdWJsaWMvc2l0ZXMvNTM2ZDJhNzdjMWY0MWMyOWQ2MDAwMDAyL2NvbnRlbnRfZW50cnk1MzcyMTQ0NWMxZjQxYzI5ZDYwMDAxMTcvNTUxMWEwNjBjMWY0MWM1MTVkMDAxMTIwL2ZpbGVzL0J1cmdlcl9LaW5nXzFfLV9WZXJzaW9uXzJfUlMuanBnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCI3ODl4NDUzIyJdXQ/Burger_King_1_-_Version_2_RS.jpg

https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/X1R_0ZAKIXx6P4FIfOBuFQ/ls.jpg

giantsfan2016

This is how the Taco Bell in Southington, CT redid the exterior of their building. The restaurant first opened in 1989. When you click to enlarge the photo you need to scroll to the right.

JJBers

The recently re-done Willimantic, CT Taco Bell:
Sign:

Taco Bell (Willimantic, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
The outside (at night):

Here's some more light:

My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

They're proposing to build a Taco Bell on West Main Street in Meriden, CT on the site of the former Ryder's Cafe. Don't know if this will be their second location in Meriden or a replacement for their location on East Main Street.

Taco Bell coming to former Ryder’s on Main in Meriden, Ace Hardware planned for Kaye’s pharmacy site
By Mary Ellen Godin, Record-Journal staff

MERIDEN â€" Developers for Taco Bell are working with the city to build a new restaurant and drive-through at the former Ryder’s on Main.

The city is also in contact with representatives from Ace Hardware to convert the former Kaye’s Pharmacy on East Main Street into a new store. 

City Planner Robert Seale said Wednesday that engineers for the Taco Bell who are seeking a special exemption that would allow for a drive-through window on the property. The developer would also have to submit a traffic study with its proposed site plan.

“We have some concerns about traffic on that part of West Main Street,” Seale said. “It will be an improvement to that site. We’re trying to bring in commercial in that area. It’s a good commercial corridor that can benefit services and businesses in that part of town.”

Plans call for razing the former bar and restaurant at 467 W. Main St. and the businesses in a rear parcel at 473 W. Main St. The Ryder family sold the two properties to Lisciotti Development of Leominster, Massachusetts in May.   

The city is also working with the owners of ACE Hardware to renovate the former Kaye’s/CVS  Pharmacy at 697 E. Main St.

The conversion requires no site plan approval because the owner is working with the existing building and lot area.

”He wants to clean it up and make facade improvements to make it look more like 2017, not 1979,” Seale said. “He’s planning a soft opening in March.”

mgodin@record-journal.com

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Here's a humorous parody of the Disney Princess, Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" and the Taco Bell restaurant chain:

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Taco Bell just opened four new locations in the Australian state of Queensland in four different Brisbane suburbs.
The menu carries the usual range of Taco Bell's Tex-Mex food items and Pepsi products in addition to Corona beer, cider and margaritas.
https://www.tacobell.com.au/

Taco Bell tried entering Australia twice before, in 1981 and 1997, but hopefully the third time's the charm...

retailisking

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 06, 2019, 12:04:51 AM
Taco Bell just opened four new locations in the Australian state of Queensland in four different Brisbane suburbs.
The menu carries the usual range of Taco Bell's Tex-Mex food items and Pepsi products in addition to Corona beer, cider and margaritas.
https://www.tacobell.com.au/

Taco Bell tried entering Australia twice before, in 1981 and 1997, but hopefully the third time's the charm...

They're focusing on international growth in general; they're going with the format they use in Las Vegas and other places where they serve booze.

retailisking

After a rash of closings, one by one Maine standalone Taco Bells are reopening, first in Augusta and now in Auburn. Portland and Biddeford are also advertising for jobs at online job sites.
https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/07/09/the-buzz-hello-again-auburn-taco-bell/

Jon_TheBarber

Quote from: ComeTogether_BigThots on August 23, 2019, 09:24:10 PM
anybody try the new tripe double crunch wrap. I was a little disappointed personally. Not bad but I hyped it up to much in my head

Yes i thoroughly enjoyed it.. not that different from a normal CWS.. hearing rumors that Cheddar Chalupa is coming in September so stay tuned.  I am pretty looped in on Taco Bell news.  Probably shouldn't be sharing this information LOL ROFL JK
Live Mas

TheFugitive

Taco Bell on PA Route 50 in Bridgeville, PA has closed.

It is in a shopping center that was anchored by a Kmart store that went out with
a wave of closings last year.  Next to the Taco Bell is a Sonic that is presently closed
due to a fire.

Despite this the rest of the shopping center appears to be doing quite well.
There is a large movie theater to the back of the Kmart, and behind that the
State of PA has recently opened a MASSIVE new drivers license renewal center.

Home Depot, Chuck E Cheese, Giant Eagle, Dunham's Sports, all appear to be doing well
here.  Strange that the center is fronted by 3 closed and burnt-out hulks then.

TheFugitive

OK, here's a story that is as tragic as it is pointless.

The manager of a Taco Bell in the Pittsburgh suburb of Green Tree shot and killed an employee last week.  Apparently he had disciplined the employee over something, and the employee walked out of the restaurant. This manager then followed him into a nearby building where he shot and killed him.

https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2022/11/taco-bell-manager-arrested-for-shooting-death-of-employee-at-nearby-pa-business.html

At first I misunderstood and thought that a disgruntled employee had shot his boss.  That occurrence is all too common unfortunately. Why would a manager ever want to kill an employee?  Pennsylvania is an at-will employment state so you can always just fire them.

I have a sister who lives near where this happened and the police had their entire neighborhood on lockdown until they caught this guy.

BillyGr

Quote from: TheFugitive on November 15, 2022, 02:15:41 PMOK, here's a story that is as tragic as it is pointless.

The manager of a Taco Bell in the Pittsburgh suburb of Green Tree shot and killed an employee last week.  Apparently he had disciplined the employee over something, and the employee walked out of the restaurant. This manager then followed him into a nearby building where he shot and killed him.

https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2022/11/taco-bell-manager-arrested-for-shooting-death-of-employee-at-nearby-pa-business.html

At first I misunderstood and thought that a disgruntled employee had shot his boss.  That occurrence is all too common unfortunately. Why would a manager ever want to kill an employee?  Pennsylvania is an at-will employment state so you can always just fire them.

I have a sister who lives near where this happened and the police had their entire neighborhood on lockdown until they caught this guy.

Unless the boss was afraid that firing the employee might turn him into that disgruntled one that comes back to shoot the boss?

Not that this was the way to go about it, but possibly a thought in someone's mind.

TheFugitive

Quote from: BillyGr on November 17, 2022, 07:06:57 PM
Quote from: TheFugitive on November 15, 2022, 02:15:41 PMOK, here's a story that is as tragic as it is pointless.

Unless the boss was afraid that firing the employee might turn him into that disgruntled one that comes back to shoot the boss?

Not that this was the way to go about it, but possibly a thought in someone's mind.

I hadn't thought of that.  As sick as it is I guess that's a possibility.
Another interesting quirk to this story is the employee was 32 while the manager was
only 23.