Filene's

Started by Caldor1999, July 29, 2005, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

ok i know there a section for it in the stores ection but there gonna be gone in 2006:(

if u want me to remove this toipc i will but im just posting it because there gonna close and become Macys or Bloomingdales
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Rayco7030

Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
ITS NOT CLOSING IN 2006 ITS JUST CHANGING NAMES!!!!!!!!!

Um...surely if Big N and G. Fox can be on this forum, then so can Filene's.  It is most definitley going to be a closed chain.  The corporation is being sold to another, and that corporation will be changing the entire store to Macy's.  Not just the name, but the layout, culture, selection, everything.  

Come Christmas 2006, Filene's will be a closed book.  (Unless we go through a drawn-out Filene's-Macy's, Macy's-Filene's conversion...)

Zayre88

Some Filene's will be put up for sale.  In many places, malls have both Filene'e and Macy's.  So Federated will sell some locations, meaning closings.

At the Maine Mall, Filene's will close and the store will become available.  Macy's is already there in a former Jordan Marsh..

Caldor1999

so i guess its ok that i posted this  i mean tehy are closing but not till 2006 and there was a Lord & Taylor form in the closed stores section to so yea
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Some Filene's will be put up for sale.  In many places, malls have both Filene'e and Macy's.  So Federated will sell some locations, meaning closings.

At the Maine Mall, Filene's will close and the store will become available.  Macy's is already there in a former Jordan Marsh..

yea the danbury mall witch has a Macys in it along with filenes i gues that ones gonna close to but wouldent Bloomingdales move in there???
Caldor Forever!

amesman

Same with Crossgates. Filenes will close in 2006, and there is already a Macys there in the old Jordan Marsh. Also, Crossgates recently lost Lord and Taylor, so now two anchors are out, at one end of the mall. Bloomingdales must move in!!!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Same with Crossgates. Filenes will close in 2006, and there is already a Macys there in the old Jordan Marsh. Also, Crossgates recently lost Lord and Taylor, so now two anchors are out, at one end of the mall. Bloomingdales must move in!!!

like i sed the mall lost Jordan Marsh and Caldor and im sure bloomingdales will fill the vacant spot and a mall that big im sure something will move in and its a great mall heh
Caldor Forever!

amesman

The Caldor spot was filled 4 years ago with Best Buy on the Upper Level, and H&M on the Lower Level. The H&M space was actually a DSW Shoe Warehouse at first, before moving down by JCPenney.

Caldor1999

The Caldor spot was filled 4 years ago with Best Buy on the Upper Level, and H&M on the Lower Level. The H&M space was actually a DSW Shoe Warehouse at first, before moving down by JCPenney.

o wow that took awile do u have any pics ?????
Caldor Forever!

amesman

oops, I meant 5 to 6 years ago. Best Buy opened in 1999, and the DSW Store moved in the lower level in 2000. DSW moved by JCPenney in 2001, and that's when H&M went in. And, I have no pics of the former Caldor. I wish I did though :(

Macy's moved in in 96, right after Jordan Marsh closed. I believe all they did was change the name. I don't believe they made any radical changes to the store layout and appearance.

Caldor1999

oops, I meant 5 to 6 years ago. Best Buy opened in 1999, and the DSW Store moved in the lower level in 2000. DSW moved by JCPenney in 2001, and that's when H&M went in. And, I have no pics of the former Caldor. I wish I did though :(

Macy's moved in in 96, right after Jordan Marsh closed. I believe all they did was change the name. I don't believe they made any radical changes to the store layout and appearance.

an its cool ive seen that caldor before so its cool wit me i also remebr that outher cadlor i rememebr seeing off of 287 i think it had the old logo and it looked so cool when it lit up at night but homedepot go a hold of it:flaming:

they dont belong in Albany or in New York to begen with
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears the Danbury Mall Filenes
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

this store willmost likey become bloomingdales because the mall already has a Macys
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

and hears the Macys thats there

the logo was made into the bulding theres logo thats lights up or what ever lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears anouther pic Filenes is obn teh left and Lord & Taylor is on the right
Caldor Forever!

BillyGr

oops, I meant 5 to 6 years ago. Best Buy opened in 1999, and the DSW Store moved in the lower level in 2000. DSW moved by JCPenney in 2001, and that's when H&M went in. And, I have no pics of the former Caldor. I wish I did though.

Since you asked - here's the best I can do:
These two shots were taken 2/26/99 and 2/27/99 at Crossgates - obviously the intent was to photograph the climbing wall being assembled or dissasembled (for a Boy Scout show), but a bit of Caldor's managed to slip into the background.  By the way - it was also an interesting way to be in the mall until 2 or 3 am (note the 1st shot the door is partially closed on the 1st level).

BillyGr

Photo #2, taken on 2/27:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
oops, I meant 5 to 6 years ago. Best Buy opened in 1999, and the DSW Store moved in the lower level in 2000. DSW moved by JCPenney in 2001, and that's when H&M went in. And, I have no pics of the former Caldor. I wish I did though.

Since you asked - here's the best I can do:
These two shots were taken 2/26/99 and 2/27/99 at Crossgates - obviously the intent was to photograph the climbing wall being assembled or dissasembled (for a Boy Scout show), but a bit of Caldor's managed to slip into the background.  By the way - it was also an interesting way to be in the mall until 2 or 3 am (note the 1st shot the door is partially closed on the 1st level).

WOW THANK U GREAT PICS!!!!!!!!

from 1999 i see thats when Caldor was doing its GOB sale:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Photo #2, taken on 2/27:

u can see the GOB sing in the back roubd in teh store do u bhave anymore caldor picture sand were didi u get these great pictures
Caldor Forever!

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
Photo #2, taken on 2/27:

u can see the GOB sing in the back roubd in teh store do u bhave anymore caldor picture sand were didi u get these great pictures

No more (that I know of) - I looked at all the pictures from this bunch and these were the 2 that showed Caldor best (still not well, but as noted I was taking the pictures of the climbing wall being assembled and Caldor just happened to sneak into the shot - others had just the lettering after it was turned off since we were there 'till about 2am).

I might also mention that we did the wall the following year as well, and stored the parts (scaffolding) in an unused part of the (by then) former Caldor 1st floor.  Also borrowed a couple leftover pieces (one was a rolling cart with an enclosed part underneath, and I think some shelf or something) to use in our setup (but, unfortunately didn't get to keep them) - not sure if they were actually Caldor or just stored there.

amesman

Woah BillyGr....awesome pics man!!!! I haven't seen that Caldor in years! I forgot what it even looked like! I go to Albany all the time..I love it there!

Dude, you are so AWESOME!!!!

Caldor1999

Woah BillyGr....awesome pics man!!!! I haven't seen that Caldor in years! I forgot what it even looked like! I go to Albany all the time..I love it there!

Dude, you are so AWESOME!!!!

i gotta say the same for him to heh
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

i have a picture of the filene's in warwick mall here. it was built in 71, expanded redone in 97 and expanded from 175,000 square feet to 240,000 square efet. This store in Fall 2006 will get it's named changed to MAcy's. MAcy's is in a 309,000 or 320,000 square foot store in the mall and that store will be divested.

I heard there was another filene's in the rhode island mall. I heard it closed 1997 and was G. fox.

d_fife

this filene's is in the Crystal mall in WAterford Conncetict and will be divested and is 90,000 square feet.

by  SEAN D. ELLIOT if http://www.theday.com/eng/web/store/itm.aspx?re=09a31ca0-6477-4525-8e2b-86e1f1bb4bfc&itm=pho

d_fife

this filene's is in chestnut hill mall. it will close in early 2006, but no macy's is in the mall and there is a bloomingdale's

www2.townonline.com/.../ view.bg?articleid=198574 found on google images.

d_fife

thks filene's is in Salem NH in ROckingham mall and is 150,000 square feet and was expanded in  1998.  The MAcy's in the mall be divested in 2006 and the Macy's will move into the Filene's. the macy's was 159,000 square feet and enetered the mall in spring 1994 adn that macy's was Jordan marsh.

from Crowe & Sons Electrical Corporation of http://www.croweelectric.com/commercial_industrial.htm

AmesNewington

Does anyone know what will happen to the Westfarms Mall Filenes in Farmington CT in 2006?

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
Does anyone know what will happen to the Westfarms Mall Filenes in Farmington CT in 2006?

im sure bloomingdales will fill in teh empty spaces
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

http://www.federated-fds.com/ir/maymerger/template/pressrelease.asp?item_id=771927 lists the others for divesture and says Filene's in Chestnut hill mall is closing. WHY THERE IS NO MACYS In that mall, but there is a Bloomingdale's in that mall.