Ice is not nice

Started by giantsfan2016, February 03, 2018, 08:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Late Thursday night/early Friday morning was warm enough for the precipitation to be regular rain. It had stopped and most of the roads dried out before the temperatures plummeted.

So I live in a private neighborhood. There's a popular walkway that leads to the part of the private neighborhood on the other side of the Quinnipiac River. It also leads to a road the leads to Queen Street the main commercial strip. It's about 10:45AM I'm walking down the walkway. There are two Southington police cars  down the pathway. I can either go to the right of the police cars and walk through the mud or walk to the left of the police cars. I chose to head to the left. One of the police cars leaves. As I'm walking I notice a big sheet of ice so I'm walking across it slowly. I slip and went flying and landed hard on my back. I barely missed hitting my head. My Yankees hat came off as did my head phones, my sunglasses, and my glasses. The cop gets out of the car and asks me if I'm all right. I tell him I'm fine, but my back hurts. He makes me lay there for few minutes to make sure I'm okay. I'm able to put on my glasses and grab my hat, sunglasses, and headphones. Then I'm able to stand. Again the cop asks me if I'm okay. I told him I'm okay. He takes my name, address, and phone number. Then I walk home.

I take aspirin as soon as I get home and then again when before I go to sleep. This morning my neck and back still hurt.

The good news is - no broken bones. My glasses, sunglasses, Walkman, headphones, and smart phone did not break. (I'm sure if I had an I-Phone the screen would've cracked).