What happened to the forum board

Started by JJBers, November 05, 2017, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBers

Did the home and forum boards just merge. I really like them separate.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

I was messing around with things tonight. As you can see from the news posting I was messing around with the forum and knocked it offline for like 45 minutes. Jon was able to get it back up and running. I'll see if he can look at it when he gets out of work tomorrow.

JJBers

Quote from: Brammy on November 05, 2017, 11:17:11 PM
I was messing around with things tonight. As you can see from the news posting I was messing around with the forum and knocked it offline for like 45 minutes. Jon was able to get it back up and running. I'll see if he can look at it when he gets out of work tomorrow.
Thanks! I didn't even notice it was down, thanks to me finishing everything up with flickr for tonight. I posted today's photos now too.
(That Lowe's was almost creepy, and the rain didn't help)
My Flickr

JJBers

Also congrats on me for taking 2 days to notice, but the banner logo is just text now.
Is this site going to collapse in 6 months.  ;D
My Flickr

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JJBers on November 08, 2017, 12:53:37 AM
Also congrats on me for taking 2 days to notice, but the banner logo is just text now.

The logo disappearing was part of the screw up that happened Sunday night when I knocked the forum offline. To think I screwed up the forum like that and I was even stoned.  >:D I've been on here stoned in the past and I never screwed it up that badly.  >:D

giantsfan2016

Going on the Internet Wayback Machine at ARCHIVE.ORG I was able to find the URL for the board's logo and restored it.

JJBers

Quote from: Brammy on November 08, 2017, 07:04:55 PM

Going on the Internet Wayback Machine at ARCHIVE.ORG I was able to find the URL for the board's logo and restored it.
That's good, but the original home board is still gone. I really liked that feature.
My Flickr

JJBers

My Flickr

JJBers

Quote from: JJBers on November 08, 2017, 07:32:57 PM

That's good, but the original home board is still gone. I really liked that feature.
Well that's fixed, maybe lock this?
My Flickr

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JJBers on November 09, 2017, 05:18:34 PM
Quote from: JJBers on November 08, 2017, 07:32:57 PM

Well that's fixed, maybe lock this?

Obviously there are others in charge of the board, but maybe I fixed it today and didn't realize it. I was messing around in the admin settings this afternoon.

Pikapower

Quote from: JJBers on November 08, 2017, 07:43:26 PM
Found this on the Wayback Machine

The Admins of this forums need to find a way to bring back to old tealish green background on here.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

giantsfan2016

Quote from: Pikapower on November 09, 2017, 05:42:54 PM
The Admins of this forums need to find a way to bring back to old tealish green background on here.

I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind that back in 2005 the message board was hosted on a different message board system. Remember I've been here since 2006.  I don't exactly remember when Chris switched to the current message system "Simple Machines Forum", but I think he switched it because it kept crashing and had bugs.

Pikapower

Quote from: Brammy on November 09, 2017, 06:40:42 PM

I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind that back in 2005 the message board was hosted on a different message board system. Remember I've been here since 2006.  I don't exactly remember when Chris switched to the current message system "Simple Machines Forum", but I think he switched it because it kept crashing and had bugs.

If only there was a way to modify the message board system to make it change background colors.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Pikapower on November 09, 2017, 07:14:46 PM

If only there was a way to modify the message board system to make it change background colors.
I belong to another message board (in this case, the SpongeBuddy Mania Forums) that allows their members to re-skin their background with a choice of themes.

Their message board is created using the Invision Community's "Invision Power" (IP) Board.

https://invisioncommunity.com/

JJBers

Quote from: ShopKoFan on November 10, 2017, 07:09:39 AM
Quote from: Pikapower on November 09, 2017, 07:14:46 PM

I belong to another message board (in this case, the SpongeBuddy Mania Forums) that allows their members to re-skin their background with a choice of themes.

Their message board is created using the Invision Community's "Invision Power" (IP) Board.

https://invisioncommunity.com/
Oh, isn't that the fourm where some kid was spamming his bad youtube videos for a couple months.
My Flickr

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: JJBers on November 10, 2017, 10:46:52 AM
Oh, isn't that the fourm where some kid was spamming his bad youtube videos for a couple months.
Nobody on that forum I know did that. I don't recall anyone on their doing that.