Dunkin' Donuts

Started by Caldor1999, May 27, 2005, 01:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

Here is the (soon to be) location in Valatie (town of Kinderhook), NY.

As you can see, it looks a bit different than the usual design, but then again, it IS Kinderhook after all (See Hannaford, McDonalds etc.).

P.S. - The drive thru is on the opposite side (end) - and the dormers are fake - they came built and were added onto the already built building, just for "looks".

XISMZERO

That Dunkin Donuts store design is so bland. We've got a few around Connecticut that look like that with the fake entrance for looks. I don't think it fits Dunkin's traditional coffee shop look.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a vacant Dunkin' Donuts sitting beside the Berlin Turnpike's (in Newington, Connecticut) very old McDonald's which is slated for renovation soon. It's said that McDonald's has purchased the space to create a super-sized new restaurant.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

This Dunkin' Donuts seems to be modeled after the early 1990's design of the store. Atypically, this store had some sort of garden area which is now an eyesore.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

A sign proving this location was indeed a former Dunkin' Donuts (with a strict parking policy!)
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Inside the store complete with signature DD pinkish-purple tables and wooden swivel seating found at the older locations.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Inside of the empty store lies a few oddities including a lawn mower and even a washing machine.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

beachgal26

I just realized that I said that the closest one was "2 miles" away - but I meant to say 2 hours away!!  Big difference...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

beachgal26

Wow!  They need to either tear that one down or do something ASAP.  It looks awful and would never make me think that it had ever been a Dunkin Donuts....

:rolleyes::no::rolleyes::no::rolleyes::no::rolleyes::no:

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
Wow!  They need to either tear that one down or do something ASAP.  It looks awful and would never make me think that it had ever been a Dunkin Donuts....

According to something I heard recently, McDonald's has or is buying the space to build a bigger, grander McDonald's on the Berlin Turnpike since the current location is decaying from decades of age. The interior doesn't look as bad, but the exterior is degredating.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's an older/more unusual looking Dunkin' Donuts on the newly revitalized North Main Street in Bristol, Connecticut right off Route 6. It's actually one of the best DDs in Bristol (in my opinion).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the building facing North Main Street. If I could take shots of the interior, you'll see that this is one Dunkin' that hasn't received a renovation since the early 1990's! Note how it doesn't have the swirly cup logo...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

beachgal26

Makes we want to drive right in and order a dozen donuts!!!!

:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

Marc82

That DD doesn't have a drive thru. I forgot when they opened.  A restaurant used to be there. I think it was called Golden Key or something like that.  They're supposed to be building 2 more DD's in Bristol. One on Park Street and one on East Main Street in the Forestville Section of town. This will bring the total of DDs in Bristol to 8 including the ones in the 2 Super Stop & Shops.

1. 855 Farmington Avenue on the corner of Mix Street
2. 1264 Farmington Avenue (No Drive Thru) on the corner of Shelia Court
3. 597 Farmington Avenue (Inside Super Stop & Shop)
4.  15 Pine Street (Corner of Middle Street)
5. 182 N. Main Street (no Drive-Thru) on the corner of Center Street
6. 747 Pine Street (Inside Super Stop & Shop)
7. 331 Park Street (Still in Planing Stages)
8. East Main Street (Still in Planning Stages)

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
That DD doesn't have a drive thru. I forgot when they opened.  A restaurant used to be there. I think it was called Golden Key or something like that.  They're supposed to be building 2 more DD's in Bristol. One on Park Street and one on East Main Street in the Forestville Section of town. This will bring the total of DDs in Bristol to 8 including the ones in the 2 Super Stop & Shops.

1. 855 Farmington Avenue on the corner of Mix Street
2. 1264 Farmington Avenue (No Drive Thru) on the corner of Shelia Court
3. 597 Farmington Avenue (Inside Super Stop & Shop)
4.  15 Pine Street (Corner of Middle Street)
5. 182 N. Main Street (no Drive-Thru) on the corner of Center Street
6. 747 Pine Street (Inside Super Stop & Shop)
7. 331 Park Street (Still in Planing Stages)
8. East Main Street (Still in Planning Stages)

I spoke to one of the managers in the Stop & Shop Dunkin' Donuts on Farmington Ave. and she told me there's one opening right inside Bristol Hospital. Coincidentally, the same owner who owns all the Bristol stores is opening that one. On that note, there's yet another Dunkin' opening on Rt. 10 in Plainville in a former small coffee house formerly known as "Just Java".
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

beachgal26

Can anyone ship me a dozen donuts or should I just check into the local hospital????

:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

powersbt

I'm half-tempted to do that for you. Seems like we have so many things up here that you long for down there.

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
Can anyone ship me a dozen donuts or should I just check into the local hospital????

:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

XISMZERO

Because Dunkin' is a franchise run outfit, it's also an easy chain to replicate for entrepreneurs looking to sprawl. I know a few DD owners who own 50+ stores in the CT area. Heck, the owner I work for owns 9 stores plus 3 Quiznos.

What makes DD easier then (say McDonald's or Subway; both franchise operated) is that the flow of product is much easier (serving coffees and donuts compared to complete meal food) moves practically all day (where as McDonalds and Subway have their slow times usually in between meals).

This makes franchise opportunities (coupled with a household name like Dunkin') prime for those who wish to get rich quick. While I *love* DD, I'm also somewhat annoyed by the abundance of stores just in my neighboring towns where the stores clock in at around 8~10 per town. The brand new one being built in Plainville will be just another one within a two mile radius. It gets to the point where you question how many DDs we need in immediate distances.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Zayre88

beachgal26

Thanks, powersbt!  You can surely tell that I used to live up North and miss many places including Dunkin Donuts, Friendly's, Roy Rogers and Ground Round among many others.  

It's hard for me to tell which chains may have ever been here in the 70's since so much has grown up in the past 20 years and I am shocked that there were no Ames or Bradlees in this area at all.  

(It makes me wonder where in the world anyone went to shop since there were only 5 K-Marts when I moved her in the early 90's and there is only 1 left now.)

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

d_fife

dunkin donuts cromwell ct on the road to wal-mart.

d_fife

dunkin cromwell ct near stop and shop

d_fife

dunkin donuts middletown ct

d_fife

d_fife

meriden ct outer part of town

d_fife

dunkin hartford airport rd

d_fife

off the highway in a town in ct

d_fife