Main Menu

Arby's

Started by store215, January 08, 2005, 05:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

I love Arby's, but there are very few near me (Actually i can only think of one that is remotely close by in Feasterville, PA--Very old location). They remind me of the almost-dead Roy Rogers. I am suprised there isn't more of them, especially with all this lo-carb anti McDonalds stuff.

amesman

I know..heh There hasn't been an Arbys in Kingston since the early 90's, but, they now wanna build another one.

C. Fontaine

Yeah, low-carbys.  I love their roast beef, even though they are expensive.  Actually, there is a Roy Rogers near me too, right off of Hwy. 84 in Sturbridge, MA.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Yeah, low-carbys.  I love their roast beef, even though they are expensive.  Actually, there is a Roy Rogers near me too, right off of Hwy. 84 in Sturbridge, MA.

ARby's downsized in the 90s. There used to be one in Laconia NH and now its D'angelo's.

2 years ago I saw a vacant ARby's in West Roxbury (a part of Boston).

10 years ago I saw a vacant Arby's in Rutland Vt. THERE USED TO be an ARby's in Saco Maine but it closed 11 or 12 years ago and there was an Arby's where Pizzeria Uno is in South Portland MAine, and a couple years later ARby's opened in the Maine Mall Food Court.

There was an Arby's in the Fox run MAll in Newington NH, but it closed and the ARby's in Manchester New hampshire closed 7 years ago when the food court in the Mall of NEw HAmpshire (Arby's was in the mall of NH's food court) was being redone.
The only ARby's left in New hampshire is in the pheasant lane mall food court (it is in Nashua)

HoJofan206

Arby's has become very popular in the midwest.  We used to only have Arby's in the mall food courts, but now here in my hometown alone we have 3, plus the one in Henderson KY is open 24hr per day.

C. Fontaine

Arby's is great...  I love their famous roast beef.  Especially the Beef & Cheddar sanwich.

Caldor1999

i havent really seen one in a long time from what i rember they had a kids meniue with had chicken strips and such this waz in the mid 1990's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
i havent really seen one in a long time from what i rember they had a kids meniue with had chicken strips and such this waz in the mid 1990's

Theres one in Waterbury Connecticut that has the old BIG HAT sign:yup:

Jag67

one near us had the old sign too. It was replaced oh, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. It was pretty rough. Our local Arby's was built in 1990 and was demolished earlier this year after 14 YEARS of operation. It's replacement? a credit union. I can see why- it was a very small location and was NEVER busy. That's ok- we have another not far away that's from the 60's!! From the drive thru, you can see the back of the orginal roof behind the new one:bouncing: BTW Arbys, along with Mcdonalds, has had the same logo since the 70's.

Their roast beef sandwitch is REALLY good

d_fife

ARby's downsized in the 90s. There used to be one in Laconia NH and now its D'angelo's.

2 years ago I saw a vacant ARby's in West Roxbury (a part of Boston).

10 years ago I saw a vacant Arby's in Rutland Vt. THERE USED TO be an ARby's in Saco Maine but it closed 11 or 12 years ago and there was an Arby's where Pizzeria Uno is in South Portland MAine, and a couple years later ARby's opened in the Maine Mall Food Court.

There was an Arby's in the Fox run MAll in Newington NH, but it closed and the ARby's in Manchester New hampshire closed 7 years ago when the food court in the Mall of NEw HAmpshire (Arby's was in the mall of NH's food court) was being redone.
The only ARby's left in New hampshire is in the pheasant lane mall food court (it is in Nashua)

Jag67

I used to be afraid of the big Arbys sign when I was little too lol...:tumble:

Caldor1999

there was on in te h Danbury Mall it closed sometime in the late 90'[s it is now a store called RAVE lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

this d'angelo's in north windham maine was an Arby's that closed in the 1990s.

storehistoryguy

Old Arby's sign. The site says it was taken down in 2002.

http://www.geocities.com/chucksphotospot/signs.html

HoJofan206

d_fife

here is arby's in auburn maine on center st

StarSage

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
one near us had the old sign too. It was replaced oh, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. It was pretty rough. Our local Arby's was built in 1990 and was demolished earlier this year after 14 YEARS of operation. It's replacement? a credit union. I can see why- it was a very small location and was NEVER busy. That's ok- we have another not far away that's from the 60's!! From the drive thru, you can see the back of the orginal roof behind the new one:bouncing: BTW Arbys, along with Mcdonalds, has had the same logo since the 70's.

Their roast beef sandwitch is REALLY good

My favorite item on Arby's menu is their Chicken Bacon N' Swiss sandwhich, followed by (of course) their yummie Curly Fries.. and a side of cheddar sauce!

BillyGr

The first shot is the Arby's in Cobleskill on Route 7.  I think this may have been where the Hardees was formerly, but if so the building has been so remodeled/rebuilt that you wouldn't know it.

The second is the Oneonta location, on Route 7 next to the Oneonta Plaza.

amesman

There's a location near downtown Syracuse on Erie Boulevard(west of downtown) that still has(as far as I know) the original hat sign. It was there in 2003 anyway..

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
There's a location near downtown Syracuse on Erie Boulevard(west of downtown) that still has(as far as I know) the original hat sign. It was there in 2003 anyway..

here is the oen in syracuse on erie blvd in downtown.
it does have the old hat sign.

d_fife

here is anothjer hat arby's it is in mattydale new york on rt. 11 north of the Northern lights shopping center.

d_fife

another hat arby's in williamsport pa.

d_fife

here is a arby's in sayre pa.

d_fife

here is the former arby's in carbondale pa.

d_fife

here is a restuarant that looks like it was an arby's in dickson city on the border of scranton pa.

amesman

A downsized version of the old hat sign at the Erie Boulevard location in Downtown Syracuse.

amesman

amesman

amesman

A shot of the old Arby's sign on the Brewerton Road(U.S. 11) location in Syracuse. Let me tell you the tale of how I got this shot, and the reason I only have one shot of it. When I left my motel(the old Howard Johnson's turned Red Carpet Inn), I walked up the road to the BK to eat lunch, then I walked up to grab a few pics of the Arby's sign(I had discovered it the night before when I went to Wegmans on Taft Road). Along the way, I snapped pics of the Wendys, Taco Bell, MacDonald's, etc. Before I got to the Arby's, I went into the P&C to check out the soda selection. That was a mistake, because when I got back outside, it was pouring a$$ rain outside. Now, I didn't walk all that way for nothing, so I went to the Arby's, snapped only one picture(because it was raining so hard, my camera was getting wet(not a good thing). Then I had to make the mile long trek back to the motel in the pouring rain. But I got the shot, and I'm hopefully heading back out to Syracuse in September, so I can get more. Here you go. Enjoy!