AMESFANCLUB
February 23, 2018, 02:11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
........................................Weird temps here in NJ....hope you all are doing alright this week!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boscov's  (Read 23620 times)
store215
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2017, 10:22:13 AM »

My Mom told me when she was at Boscov's in Meriden shopping for curtains back in February they were selling Curtain closeouts from KMART. Maybe they bough them from the KMART closing sale in Cromwell.

This isn't really anything new. I remember walking through their stationary department many years ago (probably 20 years at this point) and bought a notebook with a Drug Emporium? (or some similar store) sticker on it. Boscov's masquerades itself as a more middle-upscale department store, but they've always done a large amounts of buyouts and closeouts.
retailfan
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »

Ritz Camera used to run the camera departments within Boscovs  but since the chain closed down  im not sure what became of that area. I know they handled a lot of the electronics items for Boscovs also. I know recently the Boscovs chain was also in danger of closing  before Ritz went under  as they were discussing  what to do with those stores . In the end Boscovs survived  and of course Ritz went bankrupt and no longer exists.
shore72
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »

Ritz Camera used to run the camera departments within Boscovs  but since the chain closed down  im not sure what became of that area. I know they handled a lot of the electronics items for Boscovs also. I know recently the Boscovs chain was also in danger of closing  before Ritz went under  as they were discussing  what to do with those stores . In the end Boscovs survived  and of course Ritz went bankrupt and no longer exists.
At my local store the space just sort of got absorbed into several surrounding departments. It was basically a small island in the middle of the store, like the candy department.
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »

Boscov's is opening in the former Sears Store at the Millcreek Mall in Erie, PA.

http://www.yourerie.com/news/local-news/boscovs-dept-store-to-open-in-fall/734570843

Brammy
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »

Every time I read about a Boscov's opening I feel a bit ambivalent. Happy that they're expanding, and sad that they're not expanding closer to me. Hey, maybe they can take over the Bon-Ton in the Maine Mall! :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:28:48 PM by retailisking » Logged
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2017, 09:09:30 AM »

The floor plan of Millcreek Mall is actually SHAPED LIKE A GUN!

Look it up on Google Earth, it's true!

The legend is that this was a mob message from the original builder to
someone in the general direction of the "barrel".
store215
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »

Every time I read about a Boscov's opening I feel a bit ambivalent. Happy that they're expanding, and sad that they're not expanding closer to me. Hey, maybe they can take over the Bon-Ton in the Maine Mall! :)

I just hope they are more careful this time, unlike 2006-2008 when they took over too many former May Company stores and ended up having to close them after a year or two. I think Boscov's is doing a little better as they target more of a lower-middle income shopper and have a much broader variety of merchandise. I like to think of Boscov's as a 'fancy Walmart'.
Brammy
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »

Boscov's is opening their 47th store in October and it will be their second in Connecticut. They are opening in the former JC Penney in the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford. They are expanding the footprint of the store front and will be 200,000 square feet.

https://patch.com/connecticut/milford/replacement-jcpenneys-connecticut-post-mall-announced

Brammy
JJBers
Ames In their blood!

No Ames nearby since 2002...

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »

Boscov's is opening their 47th store in October and it will be their second in Connecticut. They are opening in the former JC Penney in the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford. They are expanding the footprint of the store front and will be 200,000 square feet.

https://patch.com/connecticut/milford/replacement-jcpenneys-connecticut-post-mall-announced
Wonder if they're gonna enter into Eastern Connecticut, or just the Manchester area.

The floor plan of Millcreek Mall is actually SHAPED LIKE A GUN!

Look it up on Google Earth, it's true!

The legend is that this was a mob message from the original builder to
someone in the general direction of the "barrel".
Wow...that's one mall.

My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

esw01407
Non-spammer. Here for Ames!

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »

I'm glad they announced a new location, was getting concerned about nothing being announced. Also glad they are taking it easy, because they might have lots of opportunities in the next few years to over expand again.
danfifepsu

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2018, 07:11:17 PM »

I'm glad they announced a new location, was getting concerned about nothing being announced. Also glad they are taking it easy, because they might have lots of opportunities in the next few years to over expand again.
what of old.Bon ton in portland maine mall and old Sears or Macys in Bangor Mall.
esw01407
Non-spammer. Here for Ames!

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »

what of old.Bon ton in portland maine mall and old Sears or Macys in Bangor Mall.

I was wondering how far these expansions would go to bring in Boscov's. Looks like there adding 60,000 sq. ft. to this store.
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2018, 04:52:35 PM »

Makes absolutely no sense. The Bangor Mall is dying, and Maine is too far away from their core. They're only now establishing themselves in Connecticut.
danfifepsu

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2018, 07:08:09 AM »

Makes absolutely no sense. The Bangor Mall is dying, and Maine is too far away from their core. They're only now establishing themselves in Connecticut.

well maybe Portland. if they overexpand they could die.
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »

well maybe Portland. if they overexpand they could die.

Even Portland is a big stretch. They might expand into Western Mass; the Westfield Bon-Ton survived this round of closures. It might be close enough to their Clifton Park, NY and Connecticut locations to make sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: