Main Menu

Boscov's

Started by store215, May 05, 2005, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

Boscov's is one of the real last remaining department stores left. Hey are located throughout PA, NJ, DE, MD.

They have depatments that other stores left behind years ago like toys, electronics, photo (ritz camera), garden center, candy, appliances (not much), stationary, travel centers, etc... some even still have restaurants in them.

They are a privately-owned company. Prices are decent and the quality of the merchandise is high.

All their stores are unique, because most are in recycled buildings. Several current Boscov's once went under the name "Ports of The World". I think Boscov's bought this small chain in the early 90's.

Here's a pic of my local store (more pics @ www.boscovs.com)

amesman

They also have New York State stores as well. Two in Albany, one in Binghamton, and one in Nanuet.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Boscov's is one of the real last remaining department stores left. Hey are located throughout PA, NJ, DE, MD.

They have depatments that other stores left behind years ago like toys, electronics, photo (ritz camera), garden center, candy, appliances (not much), stationary, travel centers, etc... some even still have restaurants in them.

They are a privately-owned company. Prices are decent and the quality of the merchandise is high.

All their stores are unique, because most are in recycled buildings. Several current Boscov's once went under the name "Ports of The World". I think Boscov's bought this small chain in the early 90's.

\

sounds cool was the interior look like?

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Typical department store interior. They use lots of neon on the different department signs, and the whole store has an upscale look to it. It varies slightly by each store

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Typical department store interior. They use lots of neon on the different department signs, and the whole store has an upscale look to it. It varies slightly by each store

It reminded me a lot of a Kaufmanns with a little more emphasis on things like Sporting goods. Very upscale, high quality products, very impressive. Definitely worth checking out.

amesman

About what you said abou Boscov's taking over old stores, that is very true. I thing that the only New York State location that is all original is the one in Binghamton. The ones in Albany were old stores: Colonie being a former Stienbach, and before that the original Colonie Center Mall Macys, and the Clifton Park one a former Caldor.

Also, the Nanuet location was a former store as well, but, I do not know the name. That might've been a Stienbach as well.

BillyGr

Just a small correction - the Colonie Center Macy's was not where Boscov's is now - it was actually where part of the mall hallway and small stores are now.  
If you are in the mall, coming from Sears - a couple stores past Friendly's (lower level) you'll see a hallway to the right that leads to offices and restrooms - that marks the end of the "old"part of the mall - directly in front of you (looking toward the current Macy's) would have been the front wall of the old Macy's.  Everything past here was added on or converted when Macy's built their new store - so this mall was much smaller and basically a "straight line" from Sears at one end to Macy's at the other - with a couple short halls to enter by (lower floor on the Wolf Rd side, upper floor on the cemetary side) plus the outside doors into Sears, Macy's, CVS and whatever used to be where Christmas Tree is now.

Caldor1999

i was just in one of there stores today they havhe such nice stuff it have the nordstrom look to it well the one i went to kida had that look its more simaler to macys in a way
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

this boscov's is in Eatontown ( West Long Branch ) new jersey in the Monmouth Mall the store is 262,000 square feet.

from company listings of www.siteride.com

store215

Boscov's is expanding! They are buying up a bunch of former May Co. Stores (10) In NJ, PA, and MD.

This will bring their store count to 50 stores in PA, NJ, DE , MD, NY, and one store in VA.

d_fife

here is the boscov's in binghamton ny in downtown. the store was like 5 or 6 levels and it had additional departemtnts, like toys (but they were at high prices), electronics, junky tapes and DVDS. THE STORE WAS AWESOME!!!! WHY WAS THIS BOSCOV's different!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the boscov's in binghamton ny in downtown. the store was like 5 or 6 levels and it had additional departemtnts, like toys (but they were at high prices), electronics, junky tapes and DVDS. THE STORE WAS AWESOME!!!! WHY WAS THIS BOSCOV's different!

more boscov's in binghamton ny

d_fife

d_fife

Anonymous

Boscov's in Nanuet, NY was formerly a Stern's.

d_fife

here is the bon ton in scranton in the downtown steamtown mall.

d_fife

more scranton one

d_fife

more scranton one

more scranton one

d_fife

here is the 100,000 to 200,000 sf Boscov's that opened in the CLifton park mall in clifton park ny. IT was once Caldor. and I beleive they tried to revidalize the mall with this, but I saw a lot of vacant stoers adn a vacant steinbach in the mall.

d_fife

here is the 100,000 to 200,000 sf Boscov's that opened in the CLifton park mall in clifton park ny. IT was once Caldor. and I beleive they tried to revidalize the mall with this, but I saw a lot of vacant stoers adn a vacant steinbach in the mall.

more clifton park

d_fife

more clifton park

more clifton park

d_fife

more clifton park

more clifton park

more clifton park

d_fife

boscov's in plymouth meeting mall in pa

d_fife

plymouth meeting one

d_fife

plymouth meeting one

plymouth meeting

d_fife

plymouth meeting one

plymouth meeting

plymouth meeting

d_fife

boscov's in easton pa

KyleRF

It is good to see that Boscov's has aquired a lot of stores from the May Company. It is a wonderful anchor to fill those spaces. The closest one to me is in Nanuet, about half an hour away, but I hope one opens really close to my town of Wayne. :yup:

videogamer75

Boscov's is the best department store there is! I got my current camera from Boscov's. :)

MikeRa

The Boscov's at Neshaminy Mall was origially built by Lit Brothers in 1974.  It was the last Lit's store to open.  Later, this location was a Pomeroy's and a  Bon Ton store.  This Boscov's location opened in 1995.  I worked there from Oct, 1997 to Dec, 2000.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"