Main Menu

Tj Maxx

Started by Caldor1999, May 04, 2005, 08:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

tj maxx in biddeford maine as of october 10, 2006.

Mobil

T.J. Maxx was originally owned by Zayre! :yup: They were spun off to form TJX Companies, which also owns Marshalls and HomeGoods. In the British market they are called "T.K. Maxx" for some reason. There is a T.J. Maxx in a former A&P at Bucks County Mall in Feasterville, PA. Another former A&P near me is becoming a T.J. Maxx now.

Marc82

I was gonna take pix of the new one in Bristol, CT the other day, but some dork who works for the realty company that owns the plaza asked me not to take pix of the plaza. They moved from the old D&L Building into part of the old Super Stop & Shop. They remodeled the building. It doesn't even look like the old S&S.  Ocean State Job Lot is gonna move into the old TJ MAXX. Job Lot was the last tenant in the old Stop & Shop.

Marc82

New Bristol, CT TJ MAXX. Site was Super Stop & Shop until 2004. (Built new store at other end of plaza where Bradlees used to stand). Was Job Lot November 05 until January 08. Picture taken today 10/29/08. TJ MAXX orignally opened in the same plaza in 1994 in the old D&L spot.

AmesNewington

They only used half of the old Stop and Shop for TJ Maxx? Is TJ Maxx big inside?

I bet the TJ Maxx logo was taken off the old location and put on the new one, since the old location's storefront was remodeled not long ago. In fact the new TJ Maxx looks exactly the same as the old one. I'm guessing the rest of the plaza looks the same now.

Marc82

The new TJ MAXX is the same size of the old one, but the building is configured differently than the old one. (The layout is different).

I also forgot TJ's has it corporate office in a suburb of Boston, which is why the store has a Redsux and Crapriots bias. *GRR*

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
T.J. Maxx was originally owned by Zayre! :yup: They were spun off to form TJX Companies, which also owns Marshalls and HomeGoods. In the British market they are called "T.K. Maxx" for some reason. There is a T.J. Maxx in a former A&P at Bucks County Mall in Feasterville, PA. Another former A&P near me is becoming a T.J. Maxx now.
The T. J. Maxx in Feasterville is in a former Centennial/Colonial a&P Supermarket building.  The bulk of what was Bucks County Mall is now a Acme Sav-on.:cool:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

jmcnamara96

* TJ Maxx
    * Marshalls
    * HomeGoods
    * A.J. Wright

* In Canada
    * Winners
    * HomeSense
    * STYLESENSE

* In Europe
    * T.K. Maxx
    * HomeSense

T.J. Maxx was founded in 1976 and is the largest off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S.

T.J. Maxx sells brand name family apparel, women's shoes and home fashions, and differentiates itself with expanded accessories departments and fine jewelry, all at prices 20-60% below department and specialty store regular prices.

T.J. Maxx, which operated 847 stores at the end of 2007, has further growth opportunities in the U.S., including new stores and expanding successful merchandise categories.

The average store size of a T.J. Maxx store is approximately 30,000 square feet.

TRJ22487

The original two TJMaxx opened on the same day. Here is the Framingham, Mass location in 1977

ynkeesfn82

TJ MAXX Grand Opening 4/10/2011 Shoprite Plaza 943 Wolcott Street Waterbury, CT. (Formerly AJ WRIGHT)

ynkeesfn82

TJ MAXX on Route 44 (West Main Street) in Avon, CT is closing for good on July 14th. It is one of 10 stores closing this year, but the company said they plan on opening 50 new stores.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on July 06, 2012, 03:42:02 PM
TJ MAXX on Route 44 (West Main Street) in Avon, CT is closing for good on July 14th. It is one of 10 stores closing this year, but the company said they plan on opening 50 new stores.

Why is it closing?? Do you know?? I guess it is an old store...

ynkeesfn82

TJ MAXX has introduced online shopping. Sister stores Marshall's and Homegoods have not added it yet.

ynkeesfn82

According to this article - http://www.myrecordjournal.com/meriden/meridennews/3117418-129/tj-maxx-coming-to-westfield-mall.html it's TJ MAXX, not Marshall's opening at The Meriden Square Mall in Meriden, CT.

ynkeesfn82

The Westfield Meriden Square Mall officially announced on their Facebook page today that TJ MAXX would be opening at the mall. When asked by posters to Facebook the mall responded that the store would be located in the former Border's Book Store location near Best Buy/Dicks and would open in late April/Early May.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on February 23, 2011, 04:13:26 PM
TJ MAXX Grand Opening 4/10/2011 Shoprite Plaza 943 Wolcott Street Waterbury, CT. (Formerly AJ WRIGHT)

And this TJ MAXX will be moving to The Brass Mill Commons on Union Street next to The Brass Mill Mall later this year according to a post on The Brass Mill Mall's Facebook page. Petco in the same Shoprite Plaza is also moving to The Brass Mill Commons.

ynkeesfn82

Facade Work being done on the exterior of the Westfield Meriden Square Mall for TJ MAXX. This spot was previously a Border's Book Store. This section of the mall was built for a short-lived Lord & Taylor. After they closed the space was divided into Best Buy, Dicks, and Border's.

Picture taken by me today 2/11/14.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21191136@N03/12469607815/

ynkeesfn82

TJ MAXX is opening at the Westfield Meriden Square Mall on Sunday April 27th. They're having a Job Fair today, tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday in the community room across from the Security Office down the hallway that leads to the bathrooms in the Best Buy/Dicks/Old Navy Wing. You can go and fill out an application there or download one from TJX.COM print it and fill it out and bring it.

No word yet as to when they're opening in the old Shaw's in Waterbury, Connecticut.

ynkeesfn82

TJ MAXX in Hudson, Mass is moving from Town Center Plaza to the new Highland Commons Shopping Plaza. -

http://hudson.wickedlocal.com/article/20140402/NEWS/140409224

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on March 19, 2014, 01:11:42 PM
No word yet as to when they're opening in the old Shaw's in Waterbury, Connecticut.

From TJMAXX.COM

Our Waterbury Store will be moving to a new location in the Brass Mill Commons. Come visit us on May 22, 2014 for a Grand Opening celebration from 8am - 10pm

ynkeesfn82

TJ MAXX in Windsor, CT closed. Not sure when or where. There is a picture of the closed store on the website of The Hartford Courant - courant.com but I can't find an article about the closing. If I'm not mistaken this location replaced AJ Wright when TJX eliminated AJ Wright and converted the locations to either Marshall's or TJ MAXX.

Ameskid

Here's a former TJ Maxx outside of Cincinnati.
Former TJ Maxx, Cincinnati, OH by harvestmanman, on Flickr

It's only distinguishable as a TJ Maxx due to the front wall of the store, and the enter/exit stickers on the front doors.
Former TJ Maxx, Cincinnati, OH by harvestmanman, on Flickr
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

ynkeesfn82

I honestly don't know why TJ Maxx was in such a hurry to move their Waterbury, CT store from Wolcott Street to the old Shaw's in The Brass Mill Commons. They ended up with a smaller location than their old Wolcott Street store and by TJ Maxx standards it is undersized. If they had waited to move to the Brass Mill Commons until the end of 2014 they could've taken the old Office Max. It would've give tem a larger store than their old Wolcott Street location and it would've been more in-line with the size of a typical TJ Maxx store.

ynkeesfn82

TJ MAXX in Bristol, Connecticut is remodeling. The store hasn't even been open 10 years yet. This fall it will be 6 or 7 years that they've been open. They moved from one part of the Bristol Plaza to the other in part of the old Stop & Shop which was very briefly Ocean State Job Lot.