Main Menu

Dillard's

Started by Caldor1999, April 19, 2005, 02:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
dillard's in ashtabula oh in ashatabula mall. dillards seems to be more expensive.

ashtabula

d_fife

dillard's in mentor oh in great lakes mall

d_fife

mentor oh one

d_fife

mentor oh one

mentor

d_fife

dillards in elyria oh in midway mall

d_fife

elyria oh

d_fife

elyria oh

elyria

d_fife

the one in mentor oh

d_fife

dillards in strongsville ohio (15 minutes from cleveland ) in the southpark center mall that opened in 1996.

d_fife

dillards in strongsville ohio (15 minutes from cleveland ) in the southpark center mall that opened in 1996.

strongsville one

d_fife

dillards in beechwood ohio in beechwood place that is 10 to 15 minutes from cleveland. this mall is upscale.

d_fife

dillards in beechwood ohio in beechwood place that is 10 to 15 minutes from cleveland. this mall is upscale.

beechwood

d_fife

vacant dillards in the half dead mall in north randall oh (not far from cleveland)

d_fife

dillards in north olmstead or north olmsted ohio (not far from cleveland)

d_fife

north olmstead

d_fife

north olmstead

dillards clearence store in euclid ohio

KmartDanny09

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Here's one built in 1972

That Dillard's is now closed (closed in January) and has moved to a new shopping center. That shopping center that was attached to the Dillard's will close June 30th.

ynkeesfn82

Do you guys think Dillard's should expand to Connecticut? It seems to me they might be a good replacement for The JC Penney at the Westfield Meriden Square Mall.

The problem is none of the other malls in Connecticut have any vacant anchor stores. Although if there's only one store in Connecticut it could draw significant traffic to the Westfield Meriden Square Mall.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on January 02, 2015, 06:11:17 PM
Do you guys think Dillard's should expand to Connecticut? It seems to me they might be a good replacement for The JC Penney at the Westfield Meriden Square Mall.

The problem is none of the other malls in Connecticut have any vacant anchor stores. Although if there's only one store in Connecticut it could draw significant traffic to the Westfield Meriden Square Mall.

Dillard's as I researched online is an upscale department store, so its more like a Macys, Nordstrom, and Lord and Taylor type of store. It wouldn't fit into Meriden Square. It also has 282 Department stores located more in the south. I don't see them coming up north any time soon, they would expand first into New Jersey and New York before coming into CT.

If they were ever  coming to CT, they would pick Stamford, Danbury, Trumbull, and West Hartford due to its demographics and where the money is.

danfifepsu

Quote from: TRU7536 on January 03, 2015, 01:25:43 PM
Quote from: Marc B on January 02, 2015, 06:11:17 PM

Dillard's as I researched online is an upscale department store, so its more like a Macys, Nordstrom, and Lord and Taylor type of store. It wouldn't fit into Meriden Square. It also has 282 Department stores located more in the south. I don't see them coming up north any time soon, they would expand first into New Jersey and New York before coming into CT.

If they were ever  coming to CT, they would pick Stamford, Danbury, Trumbull, and West Hartford due to its demographics and where the money is.

closed ones are in VA and Cleveland.

mixedday

There might be opportunity for Dillards to get into DC to the Northeast with Lord & Taylor's intent to close ten stores. Of course, we don't know which ten stores Lord & Taylor is closing.

But, it seems that one major mall owner, Simon, is proactively downsizing some malls from four anchors to three department store anchors, with Sears closures. Ross Park Mall north of Pittsburgh could have supported Dillard's where Sears is closing, and it would have been somewhat an extension from Cleveland into the Pittsburgh region for Dillards. But it actually makes better for Simon to eliminate the anchor space, and redevelop it for restaurants/ other purposes, and this keeps the Nordstrom, macy's and Jcpenney a little healthier without another anchor to compete against.

TRU7536

Since moving to Charlotte back in 2018, they're located in each of the 3 surrounding malls in the city. Southpark, Northlake, and Carolina Place. They're very popular down here in the South. Mostly the malls down here always have a Belk and Dillards as anchors.

The Dillards at Southpark offers a little more upscale stuff compared to the other locations, because Southpark is a upscale mall that has Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, Macys, Dillards and Belk.

I don't see Dillards or Belk expanding beyond their current territories due to the condition these department stores are facing now-a-days.