AMESFANCLUB
February 23, 2018, 12:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
........................................Weird temps here in NJ....hope you all are doing alright this week!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 69
  Print  
Author Topic: Toys "R" Us/Babies "R" Us/Kids "R" Us  (Read 161623 times)
Caldor99
« on: January 06, 2005, 12:04:52 PM »

Toys r us
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:34:52 PM by Zayre88 » Logged
Caldor99
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 12:05:36 PM »

kids r us
amesman
Sub-Administrators
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 06:18:44 PM »

Here's a new Babies R Us, in Albany, New York
amesman
Sub-Administrators
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 06:21:46 PM »

Here's an older Babies R Us in Buffalo, New York
amesman
Sub-Administrators
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 06:24:14 PM »

And finally, the Babies R Us in Poughkeepsie, New York
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 07:36:12 PM »

That's a nice looking store!

amesman
Sub-Administrators
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 01:43:26 PM »

which one?
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 03:43:55 PM »

The one above my post.

amesman
Sub-Administrators
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 05:46:54 PM »

oh, ok. Sorry, it's just I didn't know which one you were talking about. Sorry about that heh. :)
shakethis1234

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 02:59:28 PM »

CNN said that toysrus had a bad holiday season. I hope they stay open
TRU7536

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 10:31:58 AM »

I worked for Toys r us in newington CT for years. Our store did great in sales, number one in sales gain compared to last year in all of new Engalnd! Our store is one of the smallest in CT, but rankes number one in customer service in CT! U would think out store would do bad, since Caldor closed in 99, but not true, our sales have rocked since they closed! Our former Caldor of Newington is still closed though, and TRU even thought about closing but didnt, cause of good sales!
thedisneystore967
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 06:51:31 PM »

there are two of them by me,& they're both near malls. one is near Westfield Shoppingtown Wheaton, & the other one is near White Flint Mall.

btw, all the kids r us stores around here are closed:(the one near white flint became a cheapo halloween store before closing. the other one is vacant.

Sorry, your call did not go through due to the mental instability of the person on the other line. Please press the pound sign to continue.
HoJofan206
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 02:33:28 AM »

The parent company has allready closed all of the Kids R Us stores.  Additionally, the chain has closed 300 plus under performing Toys R Us stores.  The simple fact is, you can get any item sold at Toys R Us locations cheaper at Wal-Mart and Target.  "TRU" has a disasterous 4th quarter which should be their busy season.  Look to see another couple hundred stores closed in 2005/2006 and expect the entire Toys R Us Toy store name to go away before 2008.  This is just my opinion....feel free to respond....
truviking05
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 08:56:01 PM »

Toys R Us is the chain responsible for my love of old stores :) Growing up I had a great old TRU store just a town over, I loved it nearly and dearly lol. It had a brown facade with the multicolored stripes across the front--never remodeled, closed in 1999 and relocated :( It was wicked awesome. So vintage. I'm estimating, based on my extensive knowledge of my town and TRU architecture, that it was built sometime between 1978 and 1983. I'll post a pic of a store identical to it soon!
truviking05
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 01:28:54 PM »

At this website linked here, there is pic of a very old TRU that is pretty much identical to the old store that was in my town until it relocated in 1999 (it is now a Harley-Davidson dealership and I'd like to go in there sometime to see what it's like now, lol).

http://www.877webteam.com/877CDTRAINING/MARKETING%20%205540/toysrus.jpg
truviking05
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 08:16:05 PM »

Old TRU like mine...

http://www.phoenixbuilders.com/toys1.jpg
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005, 07:35:07 PM »

hear the danbury location teh babies r us use to be a kids r us

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
d_fife
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 01:02:06 PM »

Originally posted by Caldor1999

THIS IS THE PICTURE I HAVE OF THE TOYS R US IN DANBURY CT (I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE STORE OR SEEN IT) WHEN WAS IT REMODELED!!!!!

(I HAVE BEEN WORRYING AND OBSESING ABOUT TOYS R US FOR A YEAR AND A HALF NOW BECAUSE They have been having problems and that was when I was notcing their problems :Announcement of KIDS r us closing, older merchandise left on the shelf at top dollar price, etc)
I save pictures of TOys r us on my computer, as well as pics of Kmart, Bradlees, CAldor and Ames since they are either defunct chains/ or expendible (TOys rus, Kmart). I get these picts from news articles and google image and verous website.
d_fife
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 01:09:09 PM »

I have this picture of a TOys r us in that closed in 2001. IT was in East HAven Ct. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THAT STORE or SEEN IT. I HEARD IT WAS NEAR A BRADLEES (I HAVE A FRIEND AT MY COLLEGE WHO LIVES IN THE TOWN NEXT DOOR). IT was on frontage road nex to Bradlees, and the shopping strip is obsolete because a Kmart moved many years ago and it is now a junk shop, from what I was told. IT SEEMS THAT THE TOYS R USES THAT CLOSE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE OLD SCHOOL LOOK are the ones that go. THE article said the parking lot was not full or something like that around X-mas, and that the ones in Milford Ct and hamden ct are the ones still around, and I heard Hamden opened in late 1996, and the store is blue and has glass windows.  WHAT IS THE ONE IN MILFORD LIKE? IT SEEMS THAT EVERY STORE AROUND NEW HAVEN IS OLDER LOOKING AND NEW HAVEN BARES THE BRUNT OF STORE CLOSINGS.
d_fife
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 01:19:29 PM »

TOys r us in Waterbury CT: I DO RESEARCH ON THESE MALLS, though I have not been to WAterbury.

IT seems that TOys r us had an older store on Wolcott st, and moved it in the mid-late 90s near a newer mall. I heard Toys r us was across the NAugautauck valley mall that got demolished. WHAT HAPPENED TO NAGAUTAUCK VALLEY MALL AND WHY WAS IT DEMOLISHED AND WHY DID THEY PUT A NEW MALL ELSEWHERE. I GUESS WOLCOTT ST Became a obsolete shopping area.

THIS IS WHAT THE OLD TOYS R US LOOKED LIKE: IT WAS TO THE LEFT OF KMART (YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE VACANT STORE WITH THE BROWN ROOFTOP AND THE REST OF THE BUILDING WHITE AND IT WAS OBVIOUSLY THE OLD TOYS R US)
d_fife
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 01:56:59 PM »

THIS IS WHAT THE NEW TOYS R US LOOKED LIKE (CLEARLY LOOK AND YOU CAN SEE THE BUILDING WITH BLUE AND GLASS WINDOWS, THAT IS NEW TOYS R US OBVOISLY)
d_fife
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 01:59:29 PM »

The Toys r us in REvere closed this past January. IT was in the Northgate Plaza, the lease expired. I went to that TOYS r us 3.5 years ago. It has a long entrenceway, like a hall. The store was huge. I also went to one 5.5 miles away in Medford. IT was white like all the ones built in the early 1990s.
truviking05
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 05:55:09 PM »

d_fife, those pictures are awesome! Where did you find them? All the brown ones and that last white one were identical to my beloved old store!
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 06:25:42 PM »

Originally posted by d_fife
The Toys r us in REvere closed this past January. IT was in the Northgate Plaza, the lease expired. I went to that TOYS r us 3.5 years ago. It has a long entrenceway, like a hall. The store was huge. I also went to one 5.5 miles away in Medford. IT was white like all the ones built in the early 1990s.

cool pictures u should post the ones of Caldor and one more thing u gotta resize that puctures cause it tahes up the whole screan and it makes a mess i just wanna let u know:)

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 01:57:03 AM »

Originally posted by d_fife
Originally posted by Caldor1999

THIS IS THE PICTURE I HAVE OF THE TOYS R US IN DANBURY CT (I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE STORE OR SEEN IT) WHEN WAS IT REMODELED!!!!!

(I HAVE BEEN WORRYING AND OBSESING ABOUT TOYS R US FOR A YEAR AND A HALF NOW BECAUSE They have been having problems and that was when I was notcing their problems :Announcement of KIDS r us closing, older merchandise left on the shelf at top dollar price, etc)
I save pictures of TOys r us on my computer, as well as pics of Kmart, Bradlees, CAldor and Ames since they are either defunct chains/ or expendible (TOys rus, Kmart). I get these picts from news articles and google image and verous website.

they dident change the inside that much just the out side of the store got changed to what u see today the Kids R Us was panted blue before it closed in 2004

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 02:01:21 AM »

hears soem more of the Dabury location

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 02:02:34 AM »

hear teh store this plazza is now full over the years it had troble getting stores in till barns and noble and Davies bridle moved in

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 02:03:49 AM »

the plzzas name

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 02:05:14 AM »

hears teh former kids r us now a Babies r us

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 02:06:04 AM »

Toys R Us again

Caldor Forever!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 69
  Print  

Jump to: