Hardee's/Carl's Jr.

Started by HoJofan206, March 30, 2005, 02:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

Was that because Hartee was a play on "hearty"?
Or does Hardees mean something untoward in Australia?   ???

JJBers

Here's this Hardee's nearby Roanoke, VA (Salem, VA):
Sign:

Atlanta to Willimantic by JJBers, on Flickr
The building itself:

Atlanta to Willimantic by JJBers, on Flickr

I ate here, and it's pretty much like Burger King with a pinch of retro design.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

JimSawhill

There used to be a Hardee's on Spencer Street in Manchester that became a Roy Roger's and I believe it is a Wendy's. It is next to the exit off I-384 near the East Hartford town line.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Growing up, I've eaten at many Hardee's locations in the 1990s, some with an orange Hardee's logo on a blue rectangular sign, and some with an orange Hardee's logo on a brown rectangular sign. Is there any other differences between these restaurants besides different-colored signage and buildings?

retailisking

The attempt to launch Carl's Jr. in the Hudson Valley in New York appears to be failing as the second restaurant in the region has closed. Only one remains (Poughkeepsie) and prospects for its survival are looking grim.

http://hudsonvalleypost.com/second-hudson-valley-carls-jr-location-suddenly-closes-down/

JJBers

Quote from: retailisking on May 18, 2018, 03:25:41 PM
The attempt to launch Carl's Jr. in the Hudson Valley in New York appears to be failing as the second restaurant in the region has closed. Only one remains (Poughkeepsie) and prospects for its survival are looking grim.

http://hudsonvalleypost.com/second-hudson-valley-carls-jr-location-suddenly-closes-down/
So this means that Hardee's/Carl's Jr. will be even farther away than before.
It's not like I was ever going to go anyways.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

buzz86us

Quote from: retailisking on May 18, 2018, 03:25:41 PM

Wish they'd reopen in the Capital Region The Hardee's in Queensbury was bought by Carols which turned it into a burger king

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on May 20, 2018, 11:13:23 AM
Wish they'd reopen in the Capital Region The Hardee's in Queensbury was bought by Carols which turned it into a burger king

And the couple others I know of closed quite a few years ago - Latham was a Chinese buffet for some time and is now the site of Sonic, while the Clifton Park one became a bank.

retailisking

Was that Hardee's a former Burger Chef? The ex-Hardee's in Brattleboro, VT was a Burger Chef originally and is now a credit union.

retailisking

Carl's Jr. has completed its pullout from Hudson Valley in New York with the closure of Poughkeepsie

https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/entertainment/dining/2018/06/07/carls-jr-closes-poughkeepsie-adding-chain-closures-region/681655002/

buzz86us

Was there a Hardee's in Upstate New York? I recall going to one in Queensbury as a kid and getting a Homeward Bound toy.

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on February 06, 2020, 03:31:20 AM
Was there a Hardee's in Upstate New York? I recall going to one in Queensbury as a kid and getting a Homeward Bound toy.

Well, you said there was... ;) - But seriously they were in the area at one point (see my reply at that time about Latham and Clifton Park, and there was also one at one time out in Cobleskill area) so it seems that one in Queensbury would have been quite possible/likely.

buzz86us

Wow I think I was speculating on that one.. I recently looked it up again, and found one article that they left the Northeast in the 80s, but seeing your post it looks like some franchises were still around. Is that Latham Hardee's now a Sonic?

esw01407

Hardee's had locations in both Bloomsburg PA and Williamsport PA. Bloomsburg's became a Chinese Buffet, and then a bank/state offices. 

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on February 07, 2020, 05:16:37 AM
Wow I think I was speculating on that one.. I recently looked it up again, and found one article that they left the Northeast in the 80s, but seeing your post it looks like some franchises were still around. Is that Latham Hardee's now a Sonic?

That's the site, though the Sonic was built new - prior to that it had been a Chinese buffet in the old Hardees building for many years.

Also the Clifton Park one is the plaza with the Target, the small building on your right as you enter the one way in only ramp from the Route 146 side - it was a bank after Hardees but I don't know for certain what is there now.