AMESFANCLUB
February 24, 2018, 02:25:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: |||||||||||||||||||||||||| RANDOM MESSAGE||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\///////////-JON
 
  Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Rich's  (Read 39017 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 08:27:23 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
The one in Gilford NH was my closest and it opened October 1991. The store was around 70000 square feet and became a wal-mart in early 1998. here is the picture of Gilford. THE ONE IN MIDDLEBORO MASS LOOKED LIKE THAT!!!


Here it is again...  The entrance has the same style found at other former Rich's.
Logged

store215
Ames 4 Lyfer!
********

Karma: 3
Offline Offline

Posts: 967


« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »

I think it is funny seeing Wal-Mart in such "tiny" stores :insane:
Logged
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 09:12:26 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by MBZ321
I think it is funny seeing Wal-Mart in such "tiny" stores :insane:


The Gilford store is very small.  I wonder why they haven't moved yet.  They usually don't stay too long in small stores especially in shopping centers like that.  I used to think that Rich's had big stores but today they are the smaller Wal-Mart
Logged

Caldor1999
Expert Member
*********

Karma: 1
Offline Offline

Posts: 4076


WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 01:31:09 AM »

Quote
Originally posted by Zayre88
Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
The one in Gilford NH was my closest and it opened October 1991. The store was around 70000 square feet and became a wal-mart in early 1998. here is the picture of Gilford. THE ONE IN MIDDLEBORO MASS LOOKED LIKE THAT!!!


Here it is again...  The entrance has the same style found at other former Rich's.


ive nebvr seen a orange wal mart logo
Logged

Caldor Forever!


Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

Quote
Originally posted by Zayre88
In fact, the Auburn Rich's always looked like this.  I think it was built in 1991 as a new store in a new plaza.  That same style can be found at the Waterville store but slightly different (brick and colors)

That store existed and was renovated with the new look.


Here is that Waterville store again...
Logged

Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 11:10:18 AM »

Rich's in Auburn is now divided into three spaces.  Big Lots has half of the original space.  Craft-mania and another store have the rest.  

Big Lots is using the Rich's entrance.  They created a storefront and entrances for the two new stores and went on with the Rich's styling.
Logged

d_fife
Guest
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »

this Rich's in Waterville maine as of January 4, 2006 is still the L.L. bean outlet and there were yellow tape around it.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2006, 01:13:17 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
this Rich's in Waterville maine as of January 4, 2006 is still the L.L. bean outlet and there were yellow tape around it.


another pictuer of the old rich's in waterville.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2006, 01:13:53 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
this Rich's in Waterville maine as of January 4, 2006 is still the L.L. bean outlet and there were yellow tape around it.


another pictuer of the old rich's in waterville.


sign of rich's in waterville maine. This S can show on the sign.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »

thie Dots, former store (mar-lins that is now dollar tree) and AJ wright were once the Old RICH's. Rich's replaced Almy's in 1988 and was 70,000 square feet

from Carl Russo http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/20031117/BU_001.htm
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »

here is what was rich's in gorham new hampshire. the store opened in late 1973 and was in the mountain valley plaza on rt. 16 on berlin-gohram road. the store was very small and smaller than the wal-mart. Wal-mart opened in the rich's in april 1998 and expanded the Rich's and the wal-mart is 60,000 squrae feet. the wal-mart will move.  that may have been the smallest rich's ever. where the lettering says wal-mart, before it was wal-mart, was dark green on the front (the dark green front stuck out and had squigly lines) where it is wal-mart and the Rich's lettering was metalic Red, the rest of the building was light brown. I last went into this rich's in 1988. MY northern new hampshire magazine issue shows a picture of this rich's, I have no photograph of it.

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/31/
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 03:17:50 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
here is what was rich's in gorham new hampshire. the store opened in late 1973 and was in the mountain valley plaza on rt. 16 on berlin-gohram road. the store was very small and smaller than the wal-mart. Wal-mart opened in the rich's in april 1998 and expanded the Rich's and the wal-mart is 60,000 squrae feet. the wal-mart will move.  that may have been the smallest rich's ever. where the lettering says wal-mart, before it was wal-mart, was dark green on the front (the dark green front stuck out and had squigly lines) where it is wal-mart and the Rich's lettering was metalic Red, the rest of the building was light brown. I last went into this rich's in 1988. MY northern new hampshire magazine issue shows a picture of this rich's, I have no photograph of it.

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/31/


outer view of the Rich's. Wal-mart added a little to the back of the old Rich's and expanded the width of the building (left side). the rich's msut have been in the 40,000 to 50,000 square feet range.

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/31/
Logged
store215
Ames 4 Lyfer!
********

Karma: 3
Offline Offline

Posts: 967


« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »

That must be one of the smallest still-operating wm's left
Logged
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 05:37:38 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by MBZ321
That must be one of the smallest still-operating wm's left


Yeah probably.  Another Rich's became a Wal-Mart: Gilford NH.  That store is also 60,000 sf. if i remember right..
Logged

d_fife
Guest
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 06:05:01 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by Zayre88
Quote
Originally posted by MBZ321
That must be one of the smallest still-operating wm's left


Yeah probably.  Another Rich's became a Wal-Mart: Gilford NH.  That store is also 60,000 sf. if i remember right..


I thought the RIch's / wal-mart was 69,700 or 70,000 square feet. the smallest wal-mart is in missouri and is said to be 29,000 square feet. I have been in the one in bennington vt and it is 51,000 square feet, they want to expand it to over twice the size. I bet when hannaford moves across the street in gilford, the wal-mart will revidialize the plaza and relocate existing tenants within the plaza and put a wal-mart super center in the plaza (in gilford)

BACK to rich's, the first one salem ma is a wal-mart and the largest store was in west lebanon, which was 81,000 square feet and opened late 1968 and became Ames aned then Kohl's and those stores had the lettering on top. The rich's had the lettering on top.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 07:18:20 PM »

here is the rich's in middleboro mass and part of it is ocean state job lots. teh rich's opened in 1989

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/21/
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
here is the rich's in middleboro mass and part of it is ocean state job lots. teh rich's opened in 1989

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/21/


here is part of what was rich's in middleboro mass

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/21/
Logged
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2006, 09:49:10 PM »

A Rich's 8?x11" paper ad.
Logged

Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2006, 11:58:53 AM »

I'm almost sure that this picture of racks was taken inside a closed Rich's.  The lettering and stripes remind me of Rich's.

In the lower left corner is a picture of the lettering at the former Rich's in Auburn Maine.
Logged

Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member
*****

Karma: 6
Offline Offline

Posts: 2087



WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »

Former Rich's in Fitchburg MA (Wallace Plaza).  We can clearly see the labelscar !!
Logged

Caldor1999
Expert Member
*********

Karma: 1
Offline Offline

Posts: 4076


WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by Zayre88
Former Rich's in Fitchburg MA (Wallace Plaza).  We can clearly see the labelscar !!



cool pic and yes u can se eteh lable scar to abd they didnet last long enoufe to expand:( btw that big lots logo looks alot like the old caldor logo
Logged

Caldor Forever!


Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2006, 10:23:30 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by Caldor1999
Quote
Originally posted by Zayre88
Former Rich's in Fitchburg MA (Wallace Plaza).  We can clearly see the labelscar !!



cool pic and yes u can se eteh lable scar to abd they didnet last long enoufe to expand:( btw that big lots logo looks alot like the old caldor logo


when I went by that rich's 5 yeras ago, I too noticed the labelscar. In the one in gardner at the time I saw the doorhandle say Rich's!
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2006, 10:27:26 PM »

here is the old 72,000 sq.ft. rich's in auburn maine that opened 1990 and closed in fall 1995. I have pictures of it when it was rich's when  I saw it vacant in spring 1998.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 10:31:14 PM »

here is what was rich's in calais maine. it closed in 1995 and must have opened 1990. it was 59,000 sq.ft. I went in the marden's and it had the old rich's wallpaper and checkouts, I did not dare take a picture because I feared personell would catch me or a customer would report it.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 10:33:05 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
here is what was rich's in calais maine. it closed in 1995 and must have opened 1990. it was 59,000 sq.ft. I went in the marden's and it had the old rich's wallpaper and checkouts, I did not dare take a picture because I feared personell would catch me or a customer would report it.


former one in calais.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2006, 10:36:02 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
here is what was rich's in calais maine. it closed in 1995 and must have opened 1990. it was 59,000 sq.ft. I went in the marden's and it had the old rich's wallpaper and checkouts, I did not dare take a picture because I feared personell would catch me or a customer would report it.


former one in calais.


former one calais
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
here is what was rich's in calais maine. it closed in 1995 and must have opened 1990. it was 59,000 sq.ft. I went in the marden's and it had the old rich's wallpaper and checkouts, I did not dare take a picture because I feared personell would catch me or a customer would report it.


former one in calais.


former one calais


the old rich's sign in calais.
Logged
Caldor1999
Expert Member
*********

Karma: 1
Offline Offline

Posts: 4076


WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »

Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
here is the old 72,000 sq.ft. rich's in auburn maine that opened 1990 and closed in fall 1995. I have pictures of it when it was rich's when  I saw it vacant in spring 1998.



cool u should post them
Logged

Caldor Forever!


Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 12:48:32 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by Caldor1999
Quote
Originally posted by d_fife
here is the old 72,000 sq.ft. rich's in auburn maine that opened 1990 and closed in fall 1995. I have pictures of it when it was rich's when  I saw it vacant in spring 1998.



cool u should post them


I will when I figure out how to set up my the thing to do it.
Logged
d_fife
Guest
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2006, 05:43:23 PM »

these picutres were digitized

1. st. johnsbury rich's. It was zayre and became ames in 1997-2002 and 60,000 sq.ft. and opened 1991. my dad took this picture in 1993 and I credit my dad douglas fife for this picture. this locations is the one in green mountain mall and the only entrance is indoors.

2. Concord Nh rich's. It opened in 1979 and is now borders and staples. it was 66,000 sq.ft. my dad took this picture in 1993 and I credit my dad douglas fife for this picture.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
 
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal