AMESFANCLUB
February 22, 2018, 10:25:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
........................................Weird temps here in NJ....hope you all are doing alright this week!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ollie's Bargain Outlet  (Read 11785 times)
scottw73
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 02:35:51 PM »

It would be nice if Ollies came to Connecticut, but they probably won't due to Ocean State Job Lot.

Looks like the will be taking over the former Kmart on Wolcott Street in Waterbury, drove by yesterday and saw dumpsters out front and a banner on the roof saying "Coming Soon, Ollies Bargain Outlet" next time I'm over there, ill snap some pics

ynkeesfn82
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »

*Sigh* Waterbury needs another store like that like I need to gain another 10 pounds.

Big Lots is on the other side of Wolcott Street in part of the old Shoprite. Ocean State Job Lot is right around the corner off Lakewood Road. Shopper's World is at the Brass Mill Mall. One has to wonder how much of the old KMART they're taking.

At least there's not space big enough in Bristol for one. Shoprite Plaza has no vacancies. Stop & Shop Plaza doesn't have space big enough. (Even if they did Job Lot is already in that plaza). Hobby Lobby Plaza has 2 side by side spaces that make up 32,000 Square Feet, but Big Lots is already in that Plaza. Price Chopper Plaza doesn't have space big enough.

They should come to New Britain. Shaw's and Walmart are still empty.
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »

*Sigh* Waterbury needs another store like that like I need to gain another 10 pounds.

Big Lots is on the other side of Wolcott Street in part of the old Shoprite. Ocean State Job Lot is right around the corner off Lakewood Road. Shopper's World is at the Brass Mill Mall. One has to wonder how much of the old KMART they're taking.

At least there's not space big enough in Bristol for one. Shoprite Plaza has no vacancies. Stop & Shop Plaza doesn't have space big enough. (Even if they did Job Lot is already in that plaza). Hobby Lobby Plaza has 2 side by side spaces that make up 32,000 Square Feet, but Big Lots is already in that Plaza. Price Chopper Plaza doesn't have space big enough.

They should come to New Britain. Shaw's and Walmart are still empty.

Although sometimes it makes sense with these types of stores, as they each are likely to get different types of deals at some point, so they have similar items but not always the exact same ones.  And they will draw people from a wider area if they know there are several places close together where they can go.
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 07:50:26 AM »

Ollie's in Waterbury, Connecticut opening November 4th. It's in the former KMART at 881 Wolcott Street. Wish I could go, but I can't. Wonder how much of the 95,000 Square Foot building they took. BTW November 4th is almost 2 years to the day that KMART closed.
scottw73
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »

Went to Ollie's in Waterbury yesterday, and was disappointed.  They only took less than 1/2 of the original Kmart space, you can definatly see the old Little Ceasers area, aisles were very small and cramped and oddly layed out, they also tore down the old garden area. OSJL and Big  Lots are much larger in square footage than Ollies, would rather have seen them take over Kmart than Ollies.
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2015, 02:34:57 PM »

Went to Ollie's in Waterbury yesterday, and was disappointed.  They only took less than 1/2 of the original Kmart space, you can definatly see the old Little Ceasers area, aisles were very small and cramped and oddly layed out, they also tore down the old garden area. OSJL and Big  Lots are much larger in square footage than Ollies, would rather have seen them take over Kmart than Ollies.

Sounds similar in size as the couple local ones are in what were smaller stores (like a Linens/Things size).
Plus, according to the above posts, aren't there already Big Lots & OSJL in that area?
scottw73
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »

Sounds similar in size as the couple local ones are in what were smaller stores (like a Linens/Things size).
Plus, according to the above posts, aren't there already Big Lots & OSJL in that area?

yes, OSJL is on Lakewood Road and Big Lots in down the street where Shoprite was
dmx10101

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2015, 04:04:10 PM »

According to Ollie's website.."New stores range in size from 25,000 to 35,000 square feet."

Kmart/Sears Forever
All things Kmart blog-
http://www.kmartworld.com
Loki
Pre-Awesome Ames Dude

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »

"OLLIES 1" "OLLIES 2"

Ollies Waterbury, CT grand opening.
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 09:14:15 PM »

Ollie's in Waterbury, Connecticut opening November 4th. It's in the former KMART at 881 Wolcott Street. Wish I could go, but I can't. Wonder how much of the 95,000 Square Foot building they took. BTW November 4th is almost 2 years to the day that KMART closed.

To answer my own question I paid the 75 cents and went on the website of the Waterbury Newspaper and found out Ollie's took 32,000 square feet of the former KMART. That means there is about 63,000 Square Feet left. I don't have a car at the moment so I can't check out the store for myself. (I really want to). Maybe in the spring.
JimSawhill
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 07:26:51 PM »

Ollie's opened in an old Winn Dixie on Waters Ave in Tampa. It looked like they kicked Winn Dixie out one night and opened the next day. They had some good books there...The WalMart in the plaza must be one of the oldest in Tampa.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: